Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I've Added to My TBR But Forgotten Why

Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I've Added to My TBR but Forgotten Why.  Now that's a hole with no bottom!  Probably 2/3 of my TBR falls under this category but here are 10 that come to mind.  These are all books I don't know where I heard about them and know nothing about them but they look too good to remove from the list!



1.  Bitter Almonds: Recipes and Recollections from a Sicilian Girlhood by Mary Taylor Simeti 

2.  Dr. Mutter's Marvels: A True Tale of Intrigue and Innovation at Dawn of Modern Medicine by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz

3.  Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes

4.  Living with Books by Alan Powers

5.  Going to Pot by Jill Laurimore


6.  Lost and Found in Prague by Kelly Jones

7.  The Mysterious Death of Miss Austen by Lindsay Ashford

8.  Fiercombe Manor by Kate Riordan

9.  The Secret Rooms: A True Gothic Mystery by Catherine Bailey

10. Phantoms on the Bookshelves by Jacques Bonnet 

What books are on your TBR for reasons you can't remember?

10 comments:

  1. These look interesting Katherine; new titles for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter Almonds is now on my TBR.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! I was just clearing off my TBR shelves on Goodreads wondering the same thing. "Why did I add that?" or "Hmm, I don't remember seeing this book before." Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Mutter's Marvels, and Living with Books both sound good. I have always wanted to go to the Mutter museum in Philadelphia. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. All totally unknown to me, but love that they look too good to you to remove. At times I note why I added books but so often don't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahaha..yes. Sometimes I look at my TBR pile or even wishlist and think..what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these, but just the titles are fascinating! I don't blame you for not wanting to let these go.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure I have plenty on my TBR that I don't remember why I put them there...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the title of Phantoms on the Bookshelves makes me want to check it out! And yes, my TBR list on Goodreads is packed with books I've forgotten why I added. I ought to make better use of the private Notes field for that.

    ReplyDelete