Thursday, June 11, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Headhunters on my Doorstep


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!



Blurb:  Headhunters on My Doorstep chronicles Troost’s return to the South Pacific after his struggle with alcoholism and time in rehab left him numb to life. Deciding to retrace the path once traveled by the author of Treasure Island, Troost follows Robert Louis Stevenson to the Marquesas, the Tuamotus, Tahiti, the Gilberts, and Samoa, tumbling from one comic misadventure to another as he confronts his newfound sobriety.
Somewhere en route from the shark-infested waters of Fakarava to the remote islands of Kiribati, Troost gradually awakens to the beauty of life and reconnects with his family and the world. Headhunters on My Doorstep is a funny yet poignant account of one man’s journey to find himself that will captivate travel writing aficionados, Robert Louis Stevenson fans, and anyone who has ever lost his way.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I absolutely loved the first book and enjoyed the second book but this one has been on my shelf for awhile.  The title really grabbed me but the blurb kind of lost me so I need to give it a try and either read it or DNF it.

6 comments:

  1. If you read it, at least it will let you travel vicariously! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the foray into this one is good, just make sure you really feel like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do love it. Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I see you are having issues with spamsters too! On a more positive note, the book cover is very summery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy this one as much as you did the first two!

    ReplyDelete