Sunday, June 14, 2020

This Week in Reading - June 14

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Chili Cauldron Curse by Lynn Cahoon (NetGalley) - Cahoon is one of my favorite cozy authors so I'm curious to see what this new series is all about.

15 Minutes of Flame by Cristin Brecher (NetGalley) - I've been wanting to read this series for awhile so I couldn't resist picking this one up.

Murder Take Two by Carol J Perry (NetGalley) - I have absolutely fallen in love with this paranormal cozy series so I had to pick up the newest one.

Currently:

Reading:  Summer at Lake Haven by RaeAnn ThayneThe Vanishing Box by Elly Griffiths and Meet Me In Atlantis by Mark Adams

Listening:  A Spell for Trouble by Esme Addison

Watching:  We haven't been watching much TV lately but are finishing up the last season of City Homicide (Australian crime show on Amazon Prime) and are planning on watching Rear Window this week.

Off the Blog:

It's been a bit of a crazy week.  I got some kind of good news at the doctor's this week.  I've been having a lot of problems with all over pain and extreme skin sensitivity and it seems that it is most likely allergy related.  It's not fantastic and I'm not sure what it means long term but it's so much better then any of the other options I was potentially facing.  The medication is making me a bit sleepy which is cutting into my reading time but it's so much better then to be really hurting. 

On the negative side the Tornado is sick again.  He gets sick a decent amount but it's normally super short lived (like less then a day - it's crazy) and this time it's a bit different which makes me nervous.  There's nothing bad - no real symptoms other then a headache and a fever that's been between 99.5 and 100.9 and just super lethargic.  If it's still around tomorrow I'm calling the doctor.  I know it seems like a big nothing but he's NEVER sick like this.

On a distraction note I enjoyed this video  from the WDW Couple where they stayed in a Harry Potter AirBNB.  The attention to detail was amazing and would be fantastic if you were looking to do some Harry Potter themed decorating.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Murder She Wrote - The Murder of Twelve - Cozy Mystery Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Summer TBR
Wednesday: A Hodge Podge of Reviews - What I'm Reading #1
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog 
Friday: Friday Fives
Saturday: Lonesome Road - Classic Mystery Review

Hope everyone is staying sane and safe and reading good books!

14 comments:

  1. Cahoon's books always look so fun!!

    Sorry to hear about the Tornado, and hope he's feeling better ASAP and that it's nothing serious. Sending lots of good vibes.

    I've never seen Rear Window! I should really watch that, I'd probably really like it and I love classic movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Tornado recovers very soon and that if not the doctors visit will help. Good that you have meds that are helping. Maybe side effects will lessen as time goes by. Enjoy all those crime books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the Cahoon book! Sorry to hear that T is sick, hope he gets well soon and it's nothing bad.

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the Tornado feels better soon. It is always hard to see them in pain, and it's especially difficult when you don't know what it is.

    Hang in there.

    Enjoy those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Chili Cauldron Curse. It's a quick read, but I always enjoy her books. I want to read 15 Minutes to Flame. I enjoyed the previous books.

    I'm sorry Tornado isn't feeling well. I hope he's doing better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad you got some answers but I'm sorry to hear Tornado isn't feeling well. If it's not one thing, it's another! Here's hoping he feels better soon.

    Looks like you have some fun cozy reading ahead of you. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover for Cahoon's book; she's really rolling out the series. Sorry to hear about the Tornado; I hope he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he recovers fast and that it was just a normal fever/flu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know your son better than anyone so you are best placed to make a call on his health. It's a good idea to be cautious with his health and get him checked out. It'll also put your mind at rest to know he's ok. I don't think you're overreacting at all, I think you are being sensible! I hope he gets better soon. That does sound like good news on the skin front as allergies can be controlled. I hope you get more news on that soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cahoon's book looks good. I haven't been watching much of anything. I do hope Tornado feels better soon. Nothing worse than a summer illness. Hope this week is amazing for all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the Tornado. I hope he gets better soon, and you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you are overreacting at all. Better to be safe, especially where our kiddos are concerned. I hope he is feeling better soon. And I hope you are too!

    I love the title of the new Cahoon book. I hope you enjoy both your new books.

    Take care of yourself and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your son gets well soon. Sorry you have allergy itchies. I hope you can figure out what's affecting you so you can try to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the Harry Potter link. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete