Thursday, June 18, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Mastering the Art of French Eating


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Mastering the Art of French Eating by Ann Mah

Blurb:  When journalist Ann Mah’s diplomat husband is given a three-year assignment in Paris, Ann is overjoyed. A lifelong foodie and Francophile, she immediately begins plotting gastronomic adventures à deux. Then her husband is called away to Iraq on a year-long post—alone. Suddenly, Ann’s vision of a romantic sojourn in the City of Lights is turned upside down.
So, not unlike another diplomatic wife, Julia Child, Ann must find a life for herself in a new city. Journeying through Paris and the surrounding regions of France, Ann combats her loneliness by seeking out the perfect pain au chocolat and learning the way the andouillette sausage is really made. She explores the history and taste of everything from boeuf Bourguignon to soupe au pistou to the crispiest of buckwheat crepes. And somewhere between Paris and the south of France, she uncovers a few of life’s truths.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  It doesn't' look like we'll be doing any traveling anytime soon so I could use some vicarious travel.

8 comments:

  1. I have this one and it's been languishing in my Kindle library. That definitely needs to come off the shelf. We have another of her books, The Vineyard and Doug uses her Instant Pot cookbook quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my cup of tea but I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah French food for sure I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Lately I've been adding Paris fiction to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love vicarious travels. This one reminds me of Julie and Julia, which I loved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this Nonfiction? If it is I think I would love it. 🗼

    ReplyDelete