Thursday, June 25, 2020

Books from the Backlog - The Scent of Murder


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Scent of Murder by Kylie Logan

Blurb: The way Jazz Ramsey figures it, life is pretty good. She’s thirty-five years old and owns her own home in one of Cleveland’s most diverse, artsy, and interesting neighborhoods. She has a job she likes as an administrative assistant at an all-girls school, and a volunteer interest she’s passionate about—Jazz is a cadaver dog handler.

Jazz is working with Luther, a cadaver dog in training. Luther is still learning cadaver work, so Jazz is putting him through his paces at an abandoned building that will soon be turned into pricey condos. When Luther signals a find, Jazz is stunned to see the body of a young woman who is dressed in black and wearing the kind of make-up and jewelry that Jazz used to see on the Goth kids back in high school.

She’s even more shocked when she realizes that beneath the tattoos and the piercings and all that pale make up is a familiar face.

The lead detective on the case is an old lover, and the murdered woman is an old student. Jazz finds herself sucked into the case, obsessed with learning the truth.

My Thoughts:  I got this for review last year and really sincerely meant to read it but I got sick and got way behind in reading and ended up having to skip this one and never circled back to it.  I've heard great things about this book and the latest one in the series so I need to pick this one up.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you get the chance to enjoy this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for a good mystery. Sending hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and it's almost at the top of my list. Sounds so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this and didn't like it. I hope you'll like it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good reason to circle back and read it. Sometimes books just escape through our cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this one. It's not the greatest mystery ever, but it's a good read. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not into Murder Mysteries, but the dog on the cover is top notch. 🐕✨

    ReplyDelete