Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday Fives - Five (Current) Favorite Mystery Authors

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm also going to start linking up with Kathryn over at Book Date for her Connect Five.  I've been in a big mystery binge reading phase for the last few months so I thought I'd list my 5 (current) favorite mystery authors.


1.  Agatha Christie - Christie is an all time favorite but the reason she has made my current list is because I've been focusing a bit more on my reread and remembering just why she's an all time favorite.


2.  Patricia Wentworth - Exactly the same reasoning as above!


3.  Lynn Cahoon - Cahoon has been a favorite since I read her first Tourist Trap book but in the last few months I've been catching up on her newer books and thoroughly enjoying them.


4.  Nancy Cole Silverman - I love Silverman's Carole Childs books but her new series involving psychic Misty Dawn, ghost and former set designer Wilson, and the hijinks they frequently find themselves involved in.


5.  Carol J. Perry - I had read and enjoyed a couple of books in the middle of her series involving Lee and her Aunt Ibby that takes place in Salem, MA but recently I picked up the audio of the first book and fell absolutely in love.  Planning on binging the whole series.

Who are some of your favorite mystery authors?

6 comments:

  1. I think you are a book/reader expert on mystery authors and you really appreciate their finer points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try Lynn Cahoon! Agatha Christie is still my favorite for sure and I've read a couple of Patricia Wentworth.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like some great mysteries I want to read more by A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I've only read Christie from this list, and only two of hers - AND THEN THERE WERE NONE and MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. I need to read more from her and give some of these other authors a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the two on your list I haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still loving the cover of The House That Vanity Built. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete