Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday Fives - June Reads


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm also going to start linking up with Kathryn over at Book Date for her Connect Five.  Since today is the first Friday of June I'm looking at the 5 books I hope to read in June.


1.  Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley - I listened to the 2nd book back in February and loved it but took a break since the books in this series are LONG but I'm ready to dive into book 3!


2.  Hearse and Gardens by Kathleen Bridge - This cozy mystery looks fun and summery and has been sitting in the pile on my desk for over a year which means I should read it soon!


3.  Lonesome Road by Patricia Wentworth - I've been enjoying rereading my favorite classic mysteries and this one is next in line.


4.  Bitter Spirits by Jenn Bennett - Roaring Twenties, ghosts, a bit or romance.  It sounds like a lot of fun!


5.  Spider Woman's Daughter by Anne Hillerman - I got a mystery grab bag from the library (they're only doing curbside) and this was one of the mysteries in it.  I loved Tony Hillerman's books but had yet to read his daughter's books so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

What are you hoping to read in June?

6 comments:

  1. Nice set of books. Bitter Spirits certainly sounds different. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A grab bag sounds good. Our library won't accept donations now and we can't purcahse any. Yet. I think they are opening again soon with reduced number of patrons allowed inside. I can't wait. I love to browse the stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these. I'll be interested to see what you think of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to get to all of these this month, Katherine. Love the cover of Bitter Spirits. I'll keep a lookout for your review to see if I should read it. It does sound like something I would like. All of them do, really. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shadow Sister looks very summery. Enjoy your June reading! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the first book in the sisters series; it certainly was interesting and the series's premise is such an intriguing mystery. You may inspire me to read that second book.

    ReplyDelete