Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday Fives - Five Books My Library Picked for Me


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm also going to start linking up with Kathryn over at Book Date for her Connect Five.  In the last few weeks my library has opened for curbside which has been so exciting as I think out of everything I missed my library the most!  However, being open for curbside only does prevent those fun wandering trips through the shelves.  So to help with that they've started to Grab Bags where you pick the genre and they pick 10 books from that genre.  So far I've gotten Grab Bags in adult fiction, mystery, and middle grade.  Here are 5 of the books my library picked for me.


1.  The Vanishing Box by Elly Griffiths - I've read Elly Griffiths but not from this series and I love the sound of this one. (from the Mystery Grab Bag)


2.  Connect the Stars by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague - I think I've read something by Marisa de los Santos but am not sure and I don't think I've heard anything about this book.  (from the Middle Grade Grab Bag)


3.  The Hanging Girl by Jussi Adler-Olsen -I know nothing about this author or this book.  It looks pretty dark but interesting.  (from the Adult Fiction Grab Bag)


4.  When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton - I was super excited when I pulled this out of the bag.  I've been wanting to read something by this author and the cover is absolutely gorgeous.  (from the Adult Fiction Grab Bag)


5.  Sidney Sheldon's The Silent Widow by Tiggy Bagshawe -Apparently this author is writing with permissions from Sidney Sheldon's estate.  I'm iffy on who Sheldon is but thought this sounded like it could be a good read.  (from the Mystery Grab Bag)

Have you read any of these?  Is your library open or doing anything fun during all the closures?



8 comments:

  1. That sounds so neat, and I wish our library had Grab Bags based on your genre pick! They gave you some books I'd like to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if our library does grab bags but I'm too picky anyways. I am trying out no contact pick up for the first time tomorrow. I requested this modern day telling of Pride and Prejudice and it's about Indian culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grab bag sounds wonderful and what a great list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting about the grab bags and it does look like a good range of choice for you. I did read When We Left Cuba last year. It's enjoyable but more literary than your the usual mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a long time since I read Sidney Sheldon. I loved his books. I haven't read any of the Tilly Bagshaw versions of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our libraries are shut as Scotland is still pretty much in lockdown at the moment. I think I have more great sounding books in my house already than my somewhat poor library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun thing to be able to do - to let chance pick your next books. I think it's important to find times in life to throw planning and predictability to the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grab bag idea is super fun! Our library has been open for curbside pick-up for about a month now. It's great, but I do miss browsing.

    ReplyDelete