Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Make Me Swoon

Today's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish is Books That Make Me Swoon.  So in no order than how I remembered them here is my top ten!





1.  Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery -  Yes, I know, another Montgomery book!  Gilbert is the most swoonable character ever in fictional history.  He is smart, funny, logical with just the right amount of sentimental and he so genuinely loves Anne.  The end of this book alone is just one big swoon.

2. What Happens in London - Julia Quinn - I probably laughed more reading this book than any other that I can think of.  Harry and Olivia are great but Sebastian... Unfortunately he wasn't as great in his own book but in this one he was amazing.

3. When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries - Top 5 best endings ever.  There's adventure, strong characters and a proper villain.  Totally swoon worthy.
4.  House of Many Shadows by Barbara Michaels - the Gothic-ness, the ghosts, the history, the romance, the mystery.  I want to be Meg when I read this book.

5. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas - the romance between Mark and Maggie is wonderful but the true swooniness is watching the Nolan brothers start to thaw.

6. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - the cover alone is swoon worthy on this but the atmosphere throughout this entire novel really got me.

7.  The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession by Alison Hoover Bartlett - I know this is kind of an odd choice but this was a fun book and then all the talk of bookstores and collections stuffed with gorgeous first editions - definitely swoonworthy.

8. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - I'm not a lover of bad buys but St. Vincent is so spectacularly wonderful in this one and so in love with Evie it's hard not to swoon.  It doesn't hurt that I loved Evie as well and it was great fun watching her learn to stand up for herself.

9. The Case of William Smith by Patricia Wentworth - A mystery generally isn't swoonworthy but when it's full of fantastic characters, 2 great detectives and just the right touch of romance it's hard to resist.

10. And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke - One of my favorite romances ever.  The end - if you don't swoon over the ending I really don't know what to say.

I had a good time thinking up this list and now I have a serious urge to go find all these books for a big rereading session!

6 comments:

  1. It would be a good rereading session. :) I am not sure I could even think of books for this list. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a stretch. I had a harder time with this list than last weeks by far! It would be a good rereading session though I barely have time to read the new reads I have! I'll probably cave on a few of these soon though.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but they look swoony!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the house of many shadows!!!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-books-that-will-make-you-swoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. GOODNESS. The Forgotten Garden! Kate Morton is my absolute favorite author of all time and I am so happy to see her on your list! Have you read her others? They just keep getting better and better, I'm telling you.

    Here's my swoon worthy reads, if you'd like to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her others yet but I want too! The House at Riverton especially has intrigued me. Can't wait to read it!

      Delete