Sunday, February 23, 2014

Showcase Sunday


I seem to have caught some kind of cold or something.  I don't get sick very often which is always something I'm very grateful for when I actually get sick because this is really annoying.  So I'm dragging myself away from listlessly watching episode after episode of Cupcake Wars to show you what books I managed to pick up this week!



I didn't get any regular books though I do have a couple on their way to me.  Instead it was quite the week for e-ARCs!  This is what I ended up with:


The Harm in Asking by Sara Barron
Why Cleaning Has Meaning by Linda Thomas
Secrets of Seduction by Nicole Jordan
Jet Set by William Stadiem
Dreamweaver Trail by Emily March
Passionately Yours by Cara Elliott
The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier
Guide Book to Murder by Lynn Cahoon
The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport
Murder and Mendelssohn by Kerry Greenwood
Nine Lives to Die by Rita Mae Brown
Muzzled by Eileen Brady
Under Cold Stone by Vicki Delaney



Most of these authors are completely new to me with the exception of Daphne du Maurier, Cara Elliott and Kerry Greenwood.  I finished the du Maurier book today and will have the review up tomorrow.  I've always loved Rebecca but she takes things to a whole other level of creepy with these stories.  Rita Mae Brown is one of those names I've seen around the cozy genre for ages but never got around to reading so I'm looking forward to giving her a try.  Actually I'm really excited about all of these!

2 comments:

  1. I could have sworn we read Nicole Jordan way back then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it the name does sound familiar but I can't think of anything else other than it may have been a book about a shoe designer? Or maybe I read this book right around the time I read a book about a shoe designer? I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete