Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Fives!

So I had this great plan to finish Daphne du Maurier's The Birds last night and get the review up today but that didn't quite happen.  We watched America's Worst Cooks (love that show!) instead.

So instead I'm borrowing a fun meme that Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity and Lisa at Lit and Life have done recently.  They both kindly invited readers to play along so here goes!

5 Books I've Recently Added to My TBR List:

1. Why Cleaning Has Meaning by Linda Thomas (Netgalley)
2.  The Harm in Asking by Sara Barron (Netgalley)
3.  The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
4. Duel with the Devil by Paul Collins
5. In Love with a Wicked Man - Liz Carlyle






5 Books I'm Planning to Read in the Near Future:


1. Buried in a Bog by Sheila Connolly
2. Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
3. Blackberry Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
4. Sinfully Yours by Cara Elliott
5. The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn





5 Books I Own But Still Haven't Read:


1. At Home by Bill Bryson
2. Bird by Bird by Ann Lamott
3. Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks by John Curran
4. The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn
5.  A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving





5 Books from a Series I Need to Continue


1. Necessary as Blood by Deborah Crombie - one of my favorite mystery series
2. Home Again (Chesapeake Diaries) by Mariah Stewart
3. Royal Blood (Her Royal Spyness) by Rhys Bowen
4. Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis
5. Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery) by Jenn McKinlay





5 Soon to Be Released Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading

 1. Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts
2. One Thing More: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak
3. The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems (though this is mostly so I don't have to read Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late again)
And that's all I can come up with for this list.  I'm not the best at keeping up with upcoming releases!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you joined in! I loved The Kitchen Counter Cooking School. In fact, I've kept it with my cookbooks as, if nothing else, a reminder to use what I have on hand and make use of fresh as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so heavily recommended that I bought it new and it then has sat on the shelf for years! Looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  2. I did this, too. I love seeing everyone's answers... Adding to my TBR... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there was someone else who'd done this! So sorry - too much cold medicine! These posts are so not good for my TBR either!

      Delete