Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Showcase - What I Got This Week!

Showcase Sunday is a Linkup hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea.  This week I was heavier again on the e-books than the regular books.  I saw at least 4 books at the library that I really wanted but I'm not sure if I'm going to get all the books I have now read so I'm trying to resist!

Actual Books:

I had two real books show up this week from Paperbackswap and one cookbook from amazon.  



I love her library series and enjoyed the one cupcake series book that I've read so I'm looking forward to reading this one.  Plus this will fit into the cozy mystery challenge I'm signed up for.







I've had this on my wishlist so long I'd kind of forgotten about it but I'm hoping it turns out to be funny.  I have mixed results with these books.  Sometimes I find them really funny other times it's like "Yes I get it you have to have wine to get through the day."



I got this from the library a few weeks ago and loved it so much I ended up buying it.  Great cookbook for a little different twist on standard dinner food.  Her Basil Bacon Bread is amazing.





E-Books:

These all came from Netgalley.  I really haven't requested anything new in over a week but I all of a sudden got a ton of approvals!



New author to me and to be honest I requested it because the cover appealed to me.  I'm reading it right now and while I"m enjoying it so far I'm not sure if it's going to stay good.  I keep seeing signs it could go either way.


Another new to me author and another book I picked because the cover appealed to me.  I've been cold for months and can't remember the last time I saw the sun.  How am I supposed to resist the beach??




I'm excited about this one.  It involves a modern day woman trying to learn about the woman who made her quilt at the turn of the century.  Just couldn't resist.  


I've read Julia London years ago and then kind of forgot about her.  It'll be interesting to see if I like this one or if there was a  reason I forgot about her



This was an invite and I can never turn those down plus it looks pretty fun.


I've read a few of her mysteries and like them and I haven't read many romances that are set during the 1920s.  This one sounds unusual and interesting.  Not just the standard romantic plot.


Another new to me author.


Read the first one of this series and enjoyed it.

1 comment: