Sunday, February 2, 2014

Showcase Sunday


I found this link up at Book Biscuits and Tea and had to join.  I love the idea of tracking my incoming books every week.

This week I didn't manage to pick up any paper books though not for lack of trying.  I'm anxiously waiting a paperback or two from Paperback Swap and a cookbook I ordered from Amazon.  At the library several books tried to jump into to my bag but I fought them off and just got some books to read to the Tornado.

I did manage to make up for that in e-ARCs from Netgalley.  Some of these I requested awhile ago and are just now getting approved and some were new requests.



I've flipped through this one and marked a few recipes to try.  Lots of interesting recipes especially sides, breads and desserts.

I've read 1 or 2 of hers through the years and enjoyed them though I don't remember much about them.  I don't think I've ever read any of the Hamish MacBeth series so I'm looking forward to it.



There were squeals of joy and some bad dancing when I got the approval for this one.  I LOVED A Homemade Life so much that it made the short list of books I allowed myself to keep.  Can't wait to start reading this one.


Another food book.  Love the cover of this one and got him confused with Dave Lieberman who I liked when he was on Food Network.  


It's a British mystery with a Private Detective and his ward.  Couldn't pass it up.

3 comments:

  1. Such nice new books! I have an ARC of Delancey in my TBR pile, waiting patiently to be read. I'm a fan of M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series, although I have fallen several books behind. Just added The Mangle Street Murders to my Good Reads list. Hadn't heard of it until I saw it in your post, and it sounds like my kind of read.

    My Sunday/Monday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/sundays-weekly-book-recap-52.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Mangle Street Murders is good! I'm planning on reading it next. I've never heard of the author but those can be the best sometimes (and sometimes the worst but I try not to think of those). Delancey is calling to me but I'm trying to stay strong as it has much longer before it's published! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I should do posts like this to keep me honest.

    ReplyDelete