Saturday, February 15, 2014

Styling Bookcases

I came across this pin the other day while wasting time on Pinterest.  I just have one question - Who has enough bookshelves they can have one look like this???


I mean it's gorgeous but how can you have enough bookshelves to only have 12 books spread across 3 shelves?  My primary goal is to have my bookshelves empty enough that they don't collapse in on themselves and they're not so jammed I can actually take books off the shelf without breaking a fingernail trying to unwedge it.

I'm in no way disparaging the styling and only wish my shelves could look this put together.  Overstuffed shelves with books laying on top of the standing books doesn't look nearly as photogenic.  But isn't her use of different blues and creams pretty?

4 comments:

  1. My sister does artsy things with her shelves. She only owns about 20 books, though, so I guess it works for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have good intentions every time I put in a new bookshelf that it's not going to be jammed with books but it never quite seems to happen!

      Delete
  2. We book people would have to have wall to wall bookshelves in every room to be able to put only 4 books on each shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes I wish I could look this put together but the books always win.

      Delete