Sunday, February 16, 2014

Showcase Sunday - New Books


I'm linking up with Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea to list out what books I got in this last week.  I keep thinking "Oh I won't get any new books this week" but it never seems to happen!  So this week I somehow acquired -

Real Books -


Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown - I love books involving clothes and this mystery about a woman who runs a consignment store looks intriguing.  

Heirs and Graces: A Royal Spyness Mystery by Rhys Bowen - This mystery series takes place in the UK in the 1920s and features Lady Georgianna Rannoch who is 35th in line for the throne and also broke.  So far it's been a pretty entertaining series and Georgianna is a great heroine.  

In Love with a Wicked Man by Liz Carlyle - this is one of my favorite romance authors that I regularly forget about and then am annoyed with myself to see that has about 10 new books I've missed.



Netgalley -

The Secret Woman by Victoria Holt - I read a bunch of Victoria Holt in high school but haven't since then.  Total guilty pleasure but always a fun read.  I was excited when I saw this show up on Netgalley.  Looking forward to seeing how this compares to my memory of Holt's books.







E-Books -

I don't know what happened.  One minute I was looking up an author and then I came to about 10 minutes later feeling somewhat guilty and discovered I had ordered 3 more books!

Four Winds Farm and The Cuckoo Clock by Mrs. Mary Louise Molesworth.  These were two books mentioned in Agatha Christie's Postern of Fate.  I'd never heard of them but Tuppence mentioned they were some of her favorites which makes me wonder if they were Agatha's too.  They're free for Kindle right now and I love how she was actually listed as Mrs. Molesworth.

At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald - I looked this up for my Books I Haven't Read But Should list and was very pleased to see that it was also free.  

That's it!  Now just to get them read!




2 comments:

  1. Ebooks are tricky because they stack up electronically and don't constantly taunt you like physical books do! At least that's my problem. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm the same way. I think if I saw the physical stack of books that are on my Kindle I'd pass out. The free books and the daily deals get me every time so I'm amassing quite a stack!

    ReplyDelete