Friday, February 21, 2014

This Week in Reading

What I Read:



Didn't love this one but it'd be okay if you need a quick read to fill some time. Read it in a day for book club and it sounded like most people had the same opinion.









The 2nd in the 1920s Stand Alones.  This is one of my favorites.  Hopefully I'll have the review up for all 3 on Monday.








Loved this one!  A nice cozy read.






What I'm Reading:



Almost done with this one.  The last of the 3 from the 1920s though I'm still a bit behind on the Agathas if I'm going to finish by the end of the year.







This is all kinds of creepy.  How did I miss that the author Rebecca wrote the story that inspired the Hitchcock movie?  Hopefully I'll have the review up tomorrow.







What I've Been Distracted By:

The Tornado has become obsessed with Star Wars and I'm not allowed to read while he watches it.  It hurst his feelings if I'm not involved so I've got my Star Wars trivia down right now.  We saw The Lego Movie last weekend too and he loved it.  I didn't expect him to sit through the whole thing but he did great.  J and I really liked it too even if we did identify with the bad guy a bit too much!

4 comments:

  1. I got a review copy of The Birds. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may never look at birds the same again. She's good at setting up a creepy story. Can't wait to read your opinion of it!

      Delete
  2. Oooh The Birds! I loved Rebecca and have been meaning to read more of du Maurier's work. How did you like the Lego Movie? I think it looks really cute but I'm the only one in my family who thinks so. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved the Lego Movie! I think J is going to take the older kids again this weekend. Emma saw it with her boyfriend when it came out and pronounced it the best movie ever. Not sure if it's that good but it's lots of fun. Loving The Birds! I hadn't read anything other than Rebecca either but I'm so glad I got this one!

      Delete