Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books on My (Fictional) Christmas in July Readathon


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is a freebie and since my focus this month is Christmas in July I picked a list of books that I'd read if I got my act together enough to put aside the time for a Christmas in July Readathon.


1.  Sleigh Bells Ring by RaeAnne Thayne - I love Thayne's Christmas books so much but have gotten behind and there are so many of her books that I need to read.  This seems like a good book to start out with to give me the warm and fuzzy holiday feels.

2.  Death of a Neighborhood Scrooge by Laura Levine - Now that I'm feeling all warm and cozy it's time for a nice murder mystery and how can I resist this title!

3.  Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb - After two lighter books I'll go a little more serious with this historical fiction set around World War I and by two authors I always enjoy.  

4.  Wrapped Up In You by Jill Shalvis - And now back to some lighter reading with a fun contemporary romance and with this author a lot of fun banter between the characters and a good animal side kick.

5.  'Twas the Knife Before Christmas by Jacqueline Frost - What is cozier than a cozy mystery set in a Christmas tree farm - well if you can overlook the murders of course!


6.  Ornaments of Death by Jane K. Cleland - Murder involving antiques isn't quite as cozy as murder in a Christmas tree farm but still cozy and I love the cover.

7.  Christmas at Rosie Hopkin's Sweet Shop by Jenny Colgan - I can't resist the title though I should probably read the first Rosie Hopkin's book before I get to this one.

8.  A Killer Carol by Laura Bradford - I have been wanting to read this cozy mystery series from Laura Bradford for quite some time and this looks like a good one to start with.

9.  The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews - This sounds like a lovely story and just the idea of buying an old farmhouse full of old furniture just makes me happy.

10. Christmas with Anne and Other Holiday Stories by L.M. Montgomery - To end the readathon I'm going to pick up one of my favorite holiday reads - a collection of short stories and book excerpts all with a Christmas-y theme.  It's so sweet and cozy that it will definitely leave me with a nice Christmas-y feel.

What books would you put on a Christmas in July readathon list?

7 comments:

  1. These all sound good. I especially love cozies set in Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun theme for your July reading! I should do that next year. There's always such a good list of Christmas-themed romances and mysteries to check out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm lots of lovely looking Christmas books. I think i have read a couple of Rosie Hopkins books but not the Christmas one, must look the series up to see where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can find some time for a Christmas readathon! I'm dreaming of some cooler Christmastime weather for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely love to get caught up with Jacqueline Frost's series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all this hot weather, Christmas in July sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new thing on social media is Halloween in July, ha ha. I wish I had looked at the TTT prompt because I would have done a Halloween in July TTT. 🎃

    ReplyDelete