Sunday, July 9, 2023

This Week in Reading - July 9


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Inheritance by Nora Roberts (Publisher)

Mistletoe and Murderer by Connie Berry (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  The Summer Skies by Jenny Colgan and The Cure for What Ales You by Ellie Alexander

Listening:  Jane and the Twelve Days of Christmas by Stephanie Barron'

It's been a busy few weeks!  We are finishing up our school year and will just barely get the days finished in time to have a short break before we start over again.  I don't mind this too much as a short break prevents us from getting out of the habit of school but I had hoped for longer.  I'm doing a lot of planning to get reading for the school year that starts in August and it's such fun to be able to look at field trips and vacations as well as figuring out the different subjects and curriculum we want to go over.  I'm excited to get started.

We are finishing up this cycle of dog classes and while I'll miss the group of dogs we had it'll be nice to get a short break and it's always fun to get a new group of students (especially puppies!).  Training with Rover is still going well and a friend and I have started doing weekly field trips with our dogs.   It's great for the dogs and we are having lots of fun.  My friend has a German Shepherd and it's really interesting to see how people react to the shepherd vs my Golden Retriever. 

Have a great week and happy reading!


8 comments:

  1. That Stephanie Barron sounds fun. I bet the homeschool prep is fun. all the choices and fun things you can incorporate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have three dogs. When we are walking them, it is always interesting to see which dog kids want to pet. It is usually the dog that looks very much like a lab. I can only imagine how much planning is involved in home schooling! I hope tha tyou have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never considered homeschooling and think it must be lots of work. It does give more flexibility to travel and study things in the way most conducive for the student I expect. Lulu is very used to other dogs and wants to meet them all, but is cautious when they are bigger than her. You're reading some good books!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I bet. German Shepherds are certainly a little scary. I so admire your home schooling and it does sound like you really love it. I so want to read the Jenny Colgan book and nice score on the NR book for review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine Rover and the German Shepherd get very different reactions! Who doesn't love a Golden, but a lot of people are afraid of German Shepherds. Love the cover of Jenny Colgan's book - so pretty. Hope you get enough time off before the school year starts up again. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine it is exciting to plan for the upcoming school year with the knowledge that it will be a regular school year this time. Hooray for a return to normalcy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your break! The doggie field trips sound like a lot of fun. I wonder how my nervous chihuahua would do. She's not a fan of other dogs, probably because she's so small.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your short school and dog classes break. 😌 Stay out of the heat! 😯

    ReplyDelete