Friday, July 7, 2023

Friday Fives - July TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since this is the first Friday in June I'm picking 5 books I hope to read this month.


1.  The Summer Skies by Jenny Colgan - I love Jenny Colgan's books and this one sounds wonderful and perfect bit of escapist reading.


2.  Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan - This is an overdue review book that has been sitting on my NetGalley shelf for far too long.  This is the month I'm finally going to get to it!


3.  The Life and Times of Hercule Poirot by Anne Hart - This is off my list of books I really want to read.  I really enjoyed the biography of Miss Marple so I'm so curious about this one.


4.  Enter a Murderer by Ngaio Marsh - This is next on my list of classic mysteries and it's been awhile since I read anything by Marsh.


5.  'Twas the Knife Before Christmas by Jacqueline Frost - For a bit of Christmas in July I'm looking forward to reading this Christmas themed cozy set at a Christmas tree farm.  Should be a nice break from the heat!

What are you planning to read this month?

5 comments:

  1. I started the Christmas Tree Farm series last Christmas and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to read a couple more of them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Summer Skies is on my wishlist. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first two books in Jacqueline Frost's series and really liked them. Christmas in July sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for the Poirot book. 📘✨

    ReplyDelete