Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday Fives - Five Books I'm Hoping to Read to Help Me Forget That It's Summer


I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Here where I live it is blazing hot and super humid and while I like warm weather for the most part getting a break from it now and then is nice.  Here are 5 books I'm going to pick up next time I'm needing a bit of a winter-y break from summer.


1.  Cross Her Heart by Melinda Leigh - Hot weather just begs for suspenseful reads and this one set in a chilly setting just sounds perfect.  


2.  Ghosts of Greenglass House by Kate Milford - I really enjoyed the first book in this series and this sounds like a perfect hot weather read that will have me wanting a cozy blanket and a cup of tea.


3.  To the Bright Edge of Beyond by Eowyn Ivey - This is a dual timeline novel set in Alaska and I feel a bit chilly just reading the blurb. 


4.  How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior - Antarctica and penguins with some family bonding.  What could be better?


5.  The Family You Make by Jill Shalvis - This cover just makes me want to put on warm fuzzy socks!  

How do you deal with hot weather?  Do you have any cold weather books that you enjoy?

7 comments:

  1. I still need to get to the Greenglass House books. I hope you are having a good week. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jill Shalvis and Cross Her Heart was great. I always have wanted to read that penguin story.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I've read is How the Penguins Saved Veronica, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound good. Melinda Leigh is an author I haven't read yet, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved How the Penguins Saved Veronica! Such a fun book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shalvis is always a great read! I remember really enjoying The Family You Make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Ghosts of Greenglass House, but I'm intrigued by the cover!

    ReplyDelete