Saturday, July 1, 2023

Reading Recap - June 2023


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 16 

Print: 5
Ebook: 5
Audio: 6

Mystery:  11 
Fiction:  2
Nonfiction: 1 
Romance: 1
Middle Grade: 1

Favorite Book of the Month:


Audio:  Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica -
This audio kept me completely hooked on the story.  This was a come up with things to clean to have an excuse to get more audio book time kind of book.

Other:  The Sweetheart List by Jill Shalvis - This was such a sweet story and I absolutely loved every character in it.  


Least Favorite Book of the Month:

Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet - I thought this middle grade book had such a fabulous premise but unfortunately the execution was lacking.

Beggar's Choice by Patricia Wentworth - Wentworth is one of my absolute favorite authors but this book never really got going and was a bit of a mess.



Where My Books Have Taken Me This Month:

Domestic Travel:
No new states this month but I did visit New York five times, Illinois twice, and California three times.  I also stopped in Louisiana and Connecticut.

International Travel:
I did a bit of international trip with trips to India, Italy, England (twice), Norway and Romania (the last three are from the same book).

Where did your reading take you in June?

9 comments:

  1. Hmm. My reading took me to California, National Parks throughout the US, New Orleans, England, and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in Carib-A-Thon last month, so one of my books was set in Jamaica. I also had England and Canada. I think all the others were set in fictional lands. 🌍🌎🌏

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well. Looks like some great reading.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. June was a great month for you. Local Woman Missing looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Sweetheart List on order at the library. I love when an audiobook demands that you listen to it and come up with excuses to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed The Sweetheart List too! You had a wonderful month of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a good month! I need to try one of Mary Kubica's books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed The Sweetheart List, too! Looks like you had another good month of reading. And as always, your books took you to interesting places. I took 10 trips to England this month -- 11 if you count a magical version, 12 if you also count a nonfiction audiobook on sheep (which went round the world, but focused on Britain.) I also spent time in Arizona, in space, and in an unnamed fantasy land.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you enjoyed both The Sweetheart List and Local Woman Missing! Both sound good for different reasons. That is too bad about Chasing Vermeer. I hope you have a great month in reading in July!

    ReplyDelete