Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Recommend to Others the Most


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I Recommend to Others the Most.  I'm not sure if these are the books I recommend the most but these are some I remember recommending recently.  


1. Meet Your Baker by Ellie Alexander - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series and is one of the first series I recommend to people wanting to start reading cozies - especially if they enjoy foodie books.

2.  The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery - I love this book by Montgomery and it seems to be often overlooked.  The show Road to Avonlea back in the 80s/90s was loosely based on this book but the book is way way better.

3.  A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn - This is a fun historical mystery series with interesting characters and is always a good choice for someone who wants a cozy read but isn't really wanting a typical cozy mystery.

4.  Q's Legacy: A Delightful Account of a Lifelong Affair with Books by Helene Hanff - If you are a fan of 84, Charing Cross Road than you must read this one!  I think the book in between the two books, Duchess of Bloomsbury, can be skipped but this one is lovely.

5.  Murder in Retrospect by Agatha Christie - This is a slightly lesser known Christie mystery but is an excellent one and is a great book to meet Hercule Poirot - especially if you already know the ending of Murder on the Orient Express from the movies.


6.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows - I love this book and cannot recommend the audio book enough.  It's one of my favorites.  

7.  As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes - If you are a fan of the movie you simply must read (or better yet - listen) this book.  It's absolutely wonderful.

8.  The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor - I really enjoy this book by Gaynor featuring a real life historical case of fairy pictures that fooled even Sir Arthur Conan Doyle along with a present time storyline of a woman dealing with some major life changes.

9.  Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan - I love this book and it is another favorite.  I've recommended it to pretty much everyone I know.  

10. Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay - Another cozy mystery!  This is a series I recommend if you enjoy bookish cozies with a strong multi-generational cast of characters.  

What books have you recommended recently?

9 comments:

  1. A big yes yes yes to Guernsey! Over and over again for sure!!! Once upon a Wardrobe is still on my TBR, need to get to it soon.

    Have a lovely Tuesday Katherine!

    Ten Books I recommend to THE OTHERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. As You Wish has been on my radar ever since it released. I imagine Elwes' recollections are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Guernsey book was also one of my favorites. I wrote a few of your suggestoions down and am thinking about joining up with a reading challenge again. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read the Cary Elwes book for a long time. Raybourn is on my list of authors to try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Story Girl does sound good...I'll have to check that one out. And I really want to read Once Upon A Wardrobe. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I did enjoy Meet Your Baker - no doubt after your recommendation. And I have the second one waiting on my shelf, I need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to read The Story Girl. I have The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on my Kindle, but when I will ever get to it, I don't know. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guernsey is such a lovely read.

    And a big yes to anything-Helene Hanff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list! I've been wanting to read The Guernsey Literary book for a long time.

    ReplyDelete