Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday Five - 5 Books on my List for a Birthday Readathon


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  May is my birthday month and I like to celebrate the whole month.  One of the ways I do that is making sure I get a little extra reading time.   I haven't worked up to a full readathon amount of time but next year may be the year.  If I was going to do a birthday readathon here are 5 books I'd want to read.


1.  Three Words for Goodbye by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb - I love these authors and I love the sound of this one.  Seems like a perfect choice to start off some binge reading.


2.  Birder on Berry Lane: Three Acres, Twelve Months and Thousands of Birds by Robert Tougias - After the emotional dive into the past above this book about birds and bird watching seems like the perfect soother.  


3.  The Unseen by Heather Graham - Now that I've had some quiet reflection about birds it seems like the time to dive into some fast paced romantic suspense with ghosts and other creepiness.


4.  Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen - And for a change of pace a magical realism story by one of my favorite authors.


5.  Silent Auction by Jane K. Cleland - And to wrap it up I have to include a cozy.  I like this series involving an antiques dealer and a light mystery seems like the perfect way to end my readathon.

What books would you put on your readation list?  

8 comments:

  1. I am working my way through the Heather Graham series. At least as far as Luke Daniels is the narrator but my pace is slooooooow.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but I think I know of all of them. Birthday readathon sounds fun. And Happy May Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of Silent Auction. It sounds like it would be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely flow within your book selection, Katherine - so elegant:)). I'm very tempted by Other Birds - I've heard of the author but not had the pleasure. And a well written paranormal anything tends to tick my boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices. I haven't read any of these but they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's a nice variety if you get into your readathon this year or next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books with birds on the cover. 🐦 Gosh, I've been meaning to read the Inkworld series again, so that would be a great read-a-thon idea. 📚

    ReplyDelete