Thursday, May 11, 2023

Books from the Backlog - Pleating for Mercy


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Pleating for Mercy by Melissa Bourbon

Blurb:  When her great-grandmother passes away, Harlow Jane Cassidy leaves her job as a Manhattan fashion designer and moves back to Bliss, Texas. But when she opens a dressmaking boutique in the turn-of-the-century farmhouse she inherited, Harlow senses an inexplicable "presence". Her old friend Josie orders a gown for her upcoming wedding, but when Josie's boss turns up dead, Harlow has to find the killer-with a little help from beyond.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I have had this book on my shelf for years and have never read it even though it involves ghosts, an old house, and clothes which are some of my very favorite things.

5 comments:

  1. An old house setting really attracts me, not sure why as I live in one! On my blog you mentioned getting some Arizona sun blankets as they attract butterflies - just so you know, they attract bees too. We like it, the bees aren't aggressive and we have no idea where they come from. Maybe there is a wild hive near us?? But the plants are beautiful and will thrive in our area (yours and mine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series has been on my TBR for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes really sounds like your kind of read, hope it pans out that way.

    ReplyDelete