Sunday, May 14, 2023

This Week in Reading - May 14

 


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber - I really enjoy this series and I love the cover on this book.  (Publisher)

Hiss Me Deadly by Miranda James - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series (Publisher)

Catch Me If You Candy by Ellie Alexander - Another favorite cozy mystery series! (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies by Alison Goodman and The Cuban Heiress by Chanel Cleeton

Listening:  Mrs. Pollifax and the Second Thief by Dorothy Gilman

This has been a good week.  We had a break from dog training classes but Rover and I got together with a friend and her dog to get some training in which was fun.  I've been watching Bad Vegan on Netflix about a woman who ran Pure Food and Wine Restaurant in New York and it is a bonkers story!

I've also been exploring Reddit.  I'm about 5 years late but I finally decided I needed to figure it out.  I'm not converted but have found some interesting subreddits.  Any bookish subreddits anyone can recommend?

I've been keeping my birthday resolution to read more in May and to focus on getting some reading done during the day and have been really loving it.  I've been surprised how much I've enjoyed taking 5 or 10 minutes to read instead of just flipping on my phone.

Have a great week and happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Katherine. Glad to hear you are having a good week and fitting in more reading. That 5-10 minutes or more is how I fill in with audiobooks during chores. I still haven't explored Reddit even though I think I'd like it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! 🌼🌼🌼

    My son has never been on any social media except for Facebook (for family connection) and Reddit. He sees a lot of book relevant content on there because I'll start talking about something, and he'll say, "Oh, yeah, I saw that on Reddit." One of my old music professors is on there, too, but it's for political news. If you figure it out, let me know and I'll give it a whirl. Book Twitter is basically dead to me now. πŸ˜›

    Have a wonderful new week. ☀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, Katherine! I just sent The Cuban Heiress to my mother and she read it all in one day... now I need to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the resolution to read more, I think we can all relate to trying to avoid the scrolling. Looks like a great set of books coming in and I like the look of the Alison Goodman book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful birthday resolution! I should make the same one (but not wait until my birthday, since that's months and months from now.) I see you've got the new Lady Darby mystery; I love that series! I haven't really explored Reddit. It's all I can do to (sort of) keep up with Instagram and Facebook and the occasional foray onto Tumblr. But if you find any good bookish subreddits, I hope you'll share them here!

    Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a lovely day, and I hope Will is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the new Lady Darby mystery! I love that series and can't wait to read this latest one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're ahead of me when it comes to Reddit. I keep wondering if there is anything there I should explore, but that's as far as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I find Reddit confusing and overwhelming, but I also haven't given it much of a try. Hope you find some good bookish content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a nice Mothers Day. My fam had a brunch which was nice and left me with a bit of reading time. I haven't checked out reddit. If you find it worthwhile I hope you'll let us know!
    Mary @bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. I haven't read the Anna Lee Huber series but it does look good. That cover is great. I have Hiss Me Deadly to read as well. I love that series. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I really wish that I had trained my dogs better. When the youngest dog was a puppy, Covid started and now she acts like a fool when people actually come over. I hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a soft spot for titles like The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies. It makes me want to pick it up and read it immediately. :-) I hope you are enjoying your reading! I am glad you are finding ways to make more time for it. I never regret it when I do. I just wish I did it more often for myself. I hope you had a great week and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete