Sunday, August 25, 2019

This Week in Reading - August 25

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Somehow I don't think I got anything this week!  That doesn't sound right but I don't seem to have anything in my new stack.

Currently:

Reading:  Molded 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton and Funerals are Fatal by Agatha Christie

Listening:  I was listening to Rainy Day Sisters by Kate Hewitt which I was loving but then my library hold for Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty showed up so I switched over.

Watching:  Not much - mostly YouTube videos

Off the Blog:

This week was busy though mostly good.  I met with the two homeschool/virtual school options and made some decisions.  We've picked a date for his final day of school and I've got a couple of weeks to get the first round of organizing done.  We're excited though I have moments of complete terror.

Today I should be on my way back from my grandparents with my mother.  There was a lot of stuff that needed doing to get them qualified for assisted living and the move set in motion.  Fingers crossed that the assessment went well.  Also fingers crossed that I've survived the trip.  My mother and I have very different styles of travel so this will be interesting on top of all the stress.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday: Oysterville Sewing Circle - Fiction Review
Tuesday:  Not sure - some kind of list
Wednesday:  Confessions of a Bookseller - Nonfiction Review
Thursday:  Molded 4 Murder - Cozy Mystery Review
Friday: Friday Fives
Saturday: TBD

Have a great day and happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. Ooh I still have to read Nine Perfect strangers. I've been slacking with Liane Moriarty I guess lol. Although her last book didn't wow me.

    Good luck with homeschool/ virtual school! It would be a little scary I think but also really liberating too in a lot of ways- I hope you guys have all the success w/ it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if things are starting to come together on the home front. I think you are doing the right thing with homeschooling. I would do it if I had kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckling at the different styles of travel. Hope it went okay. What an exciting challenge coming up with home schooling, will keep you busy. Looking forward to your review of the Susan Wiggs book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels! 👍✨

    Have a wonderful week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels back! Good luck with the homeschooling! Hope that works out for you. Just don't forget to socialize him as my sister-in-law didn't and my niece and nephew are in their twenties with no real social skills they are very shy and awkward. :(

    Read my first Agatha Christie and I really enjoyed it so much I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try her!!!!

    Hope you are enjoying Molded 4 Murder I love that series! Happy reading!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sending hugs your way. My family and I are all totally different when it comes to travel, and there have been a few nightmares.(lol) Traveling in a vehicle with my brother was like something from a high speed chase scene on Fast and Furious. I still say it's a miracle that we were able to get to where we were going in one piece.(lol) You'll do great with the homeschooling! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homeschooling is something totally new to me. I dont think it is allowed even in my country so I am very interested to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wishing you all the very best with the homeschooling:). I am part of a tutor team that is employed by our County to go in and teach a young man on the autistic spectrum. We've been teaching him since he was 13/14 and it's worked really well. I think you are wise to link up with a network - it's a lonely business and can be stressful, but it can be very rewarding.

    All I would say - teaching 1 to 1 is a completely different kettle of fish, as there is no 'downtime' where the student has an opportunity to drift off or zone out as he would in a full class, so I would recommend, especially initially, to break up the activities into nothing longer than 3/4 hour lessons, and if he is flagging be prepared to break off for a short braingym session. But when it works as it should - it is a joy as you have the flexibility to teach to your child's strengths and motivations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a smooth transition to homeschooling. And I hope you survive your traveling adventures. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything went well!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Nine Perfect Strangers still patiently waiting on my Kindle. Must get to it soon! Enjoy your books and your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, good luck with the homeschooling. I hope it works out.

    I'm impressed that you got nothing new last week. I don't think I've ever done what with the library and Kindle freebies.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not adding books isn't a bad thing. I need to do that more often as I just have such a huge pile of books and ebooks to get through. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your trip went well and the assessment too! Rainy Day Sisters is on my TBR pile. I hope you are enjoying the audio version. Have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was lucky to find an alternative school for my son and it worked out well for him. Otherwise I would have went with homeschooling also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved rainy Day Sisters! Kate Hewitt is a good author for when I want to "travel" to England, especially Yorkshire. It's always calming in spite of whatever issue may the focus in her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hit enter/post before I finished - oops! I hope the homeschooling works out well for you. There are so many options and support groups for home schooling now. I think you'll love the challenge,

    Best of luck with the assisted living facility and your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I'm super intrigued by both Rainy Day Sisters and Nine Perfect Strangers so I hope you love both of them! Happy reading and I hope that your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete