Thursday, August 1, 2019

Books from the Backlog - Withering Heights


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long! This week's book is kind of a random one but it looks fun!


Goodreads:  Withering Heights by Dorothy Cannell

Blurb:  Ellie Haskell, sleuth and Gothic romance addict, visits Yorkshire moors Cragstone House with her husband Ben and sidekick Mrs Roxie Malloy, on behalf of his young cousin Ariel. The kindly cook Mrs. Cake fell downstairs, a visiting vicar dies drinking tea, and one of the neighbors is a glamorous old flame of Mrs Cake's husband.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I picked this one up on a whim at a used bookstore and it sounds like fun plus the pun-ish title is fantastic.

6 comments:

  1. The title by itself is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny title!
    I'm (hopefully) clearing out my to-read list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound like fun and I must say that I am a fan of pun-ish titles myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I thought you were talking about the classic until I noticed the differences and what ppl had commented.

    ReplyDelete