Saturday, August 3, 2019

Reading in June and July


I thought May was a rough month for reading but it had nothing on June and July!  Nothing really terrible happened but between school being out and health issues and a few other things it was a scattered couple of months.  I did do a good push at the end of July and my audio book reading went up quite a bit.  I did some rereads which really boosted my reading and just my enjoyment of reading and I think August is off to a good start!

Month's Theme:  It was supposed to be family and then beach but that really didn't happen.

Books Read in June and July: 20 - 14 of those were in July


My Favorite Review Read:  Either Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter or The Pawful Truth by Miranda James.  Very very different books but both books that I really flew through.


My Favorite TBR Read:  Either Watching You by Lisa Jewell or What We Find by Robyn Carr.  Both were really fantastic audio reads.


Book Read That Has Been on My TBR the LongestA Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle.  I have the audio collection read by Stephen Fry who does a fantastic job.


Biggest Disappoint:  Ten Years a Nomad by Matthew Kepnes.  This just wasn't the book I wanted it to be.  I was looking for a travel memoir and this was more introspective on why the author travels and what he gets out of it.

How was your summer reading?

6 comments:

  1. You did well with your reading in July so fingers crossed you can have a good August. I must admit that I usually have slumps through the summer but this year I haven't which makes a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well, Katherine. I hope the health issues and reading block issues improve this month. I might give Miranda James a try, though I was nervous when I saw the cat on the cover because I'm not a fan of talking cat sleuths in cozies.

    I also read Pieces of Her and enjoyed it. Slaughter is an auto-buy, borrow author for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind on reading and reviews and blogging in general. Partially to blame is a few Instant Pot sites and FB, I can't seem to stop clicking on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Jewell's latest. She's almost become an auto-buy author now for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cat on the cover of The Pawful Truth. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like how you have tagged your reads. I'll keep the Pawful Truth in mind in case I am looking for a cozy mystery sometime.

    ReplyDelete