Saturday, August 3, 2019

Reading in June and July


I thought May was a rough month for reading but it had nothing on June and July!  Nothing really terrible happened but between school being out and health issues and a few other things it was a scattered couple of months.  I did do a good push at the end of July and my audio book reading went up quite a bit.  I did some rereads which really boosted my reading and just my enjoyment of reading and I think August is off to a good start!

Month's Theme:  It was supposed to be family and then beach but that really didn't happen.

Books Read in June and July: 20 - 14 of those were in July


My Favorite Review Read:  Either Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter or The Pawful Truth by Miranda James.  Very very different books but both books that I really flew through.


My Favorite TBR Read:  Either Watching You by Lisa Jewell or What We Find by Robyn Carr.  Both were really fantastic audio reads.


Book Read That Has Been on My TBR the Longest:  A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle.  I have the audio collection read by Stephen Fry who does a fantastic job.


Biggest Disappoint:  Ten Years a Nomad by Matthew Kepnes.  This just wasn't the book I wanted it to be.  I was looking for a travel memoir and this was more introspective on why the author travels and what he gets out of it.

How was your summer reading?

5 comments:

  1. You did well with your reading in July so fingers crossed you can have a good August. I must admit that I usually have slumps through the summer but this year I haven't which makes a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well, Katherine. I hope the health issues and reading block issues improve this month. I might give Miranda James a try, though I was nervous when I saw the cat on the cover because I'm not a fan of talking cat sleuths in cozies.

    I also read Pieces of Her and enjoyed it. Slaughter is an auto-buy, borrow author for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Jewell's latest. She's almost become an auto-buy author now for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cat on the cover of The Pawful Truth. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like how you have tagged your reads. I'll keep the Pawful Truth in mind in case I am looking for a cozy mystery sometime.

    ReplyDelete