Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Fives - August Reads

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since this is the first Friday in August I'm picking out 5 books from my TBR to read this month.  For the month of August my theme is farming so I'm looking for books connected to that.


1.  The $64 Tomato:  How One Man Nearly Lost His Sanity, Spent A Fortune, and Endured an Existential Crisis in the Quest for the Perfect Garden by William Alexander - I love this title and it sounds like a fun read.  I know nothing about this book but couldn't resist it when I came across it in a used bookstore.


2.  Golden Malicious by Sheila Connolly - This was one of the first cozy mystery series that I really fell in love with but I'm a bit behind.


3.  Crops and Robbers by Paige Shelton - I read the first two years ago and would like to keep going with the series.  Plus anything that makes me want fresh fruits and veggies instead of baked goods is always a win.


4.  No Farm, No Foul by Peg Cochran - This is a series that looks pretty entertaining and is an author I've enjoyed before.


5.  Going Organic Can Kill You by Staci McLaughlin - I remember pre-ordering this one but I don't remember exactly why but it sounds like a good read.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm I'd never have thought of farming in a million years as a theme to pick books for, but I can see the food link. Hope you enjoy them and find out why you pre-ordered No.5 or maybe someone "talked" you into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I have those cozy series in my TBR. I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. They all look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they are all food themed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to read The $64 Tomato for a while now. Ha ha. 🍅

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? You are probably the person who introduced me to cozies. If you fell in love w/the first book I think I have to move that series up to be read this year.

    ReplyDelete