Thursday, August 15, 2019

Books from the Backlog - Dead and Gone

Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long! 

Goodreads:  Dead and Gone by Dorothy Simpson

Blurb:  During a small and uncomfortable dinner party, Virginia Mintar, wife of a prominent lawyer, disappears, and is found hours later in the garden well of her estate. Inspector Luke Thanet and his partner, Sergeant Mike Lineham, quickly discern that Virginia's scandalous behavior had earned her the rage of family, friends, and lovers. Who had been finally driven to kill her?

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf: I do love a good British mystery and this is an author I remember reading and enjoying years ago.

9 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one but British closed-door mysteries always entertain. Thanks for sharing this. (I hope Virginia was actually dead in the well and not just hiding in it, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy British mysteries too. This is a new to me author. I'll have to check her out! Enjoy your day, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with this author but I like British mysteries too. I hope you'll like it, when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has the makings of a good TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is completely new to me. I really don't think I have read too many British mysteries...I should probably change that! I hope you enjoy this one, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds intriguing! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really good mystery novel. Hope that you enjoy it! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete