Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2023


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I Meant to Read in 2023.  This year wasn't as bad as previous years.  While there are definitely books I didn't get to I got through most of the books that I had prioritized reading this year.


1.  The Cinderella Murder by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke - This was the last book on my stack of physical books to read and I just didn't get to it in time.

2.  Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews - I put this on my series list because I've been wanting to go back and read the beginning of the series for ages but never got around to reading it.

3.  All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriott - I read a book early in 2023 that reminded me of this one and I really meant to read it in 2023. 

4.  The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - This book has been on my TBR for years and I had it on one of my 2023 seasonal TBRs but just didn't quite get to it.

5.  Terror in Topaz by A.M. Stuart - This is the final book in this historical mystery series set in Singapore and I'm really looking forward to reading it.  I somehow missed it's release.


6.  Homecoming by Kate Morton - I was absolutely sure I would get this book read in 2023 but didn't.  It's now one of my priority reads for 2024 so it will get read!

7.  Forget What You Know by Christina Dodd - I read the first book in 2022 and really wanted to read this one but it got buried in the pile of books to read.

8.  Forgotten Trail by Claire Kells - I really enjoyed the first two books in the series and meant to read this as soon as it came out.

9.  Mastering the Art of French Murder by Colleen Cambridge - A mystery series with Julia Child as a side character sounds pretty fun and this was one I was looking forward to.

10. Meet Me in Monaco by Hazel Gaynor - This looks gorgeous and has been sitting on my bookshelf for far too long.  I really meant to read it in 2023 but I guess 2024 will do!

8 comments:

  1. I thought Murder with Peacocks one of the funniest mysteries I had read so far and urge you to finish it. I hope you like it as a humorous cozy. Let us know!

    Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love All Creatures Great and Small; I hope you get to it this year! And I want to read those mysteries set in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Murder With Peacocks many years ago and think I might have read it again a couple of times. I am not caught up on that series though. Need to go back and fill in the gaps. I think I have a couple of books by Claire Kells, but mostly I am determined to read HOMECOMING. Maybe I should make it my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one of these I have read is Forgotten Trail and I enjoyed it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get to them all, I loved Homecoming, it had such an Australian setting and kept me guessing the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to read the Hazel Gaynor books some day. I love the way her books pull me in. I hope you get to all of these this year, Katherine, and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOMECOMING is on my list today, too. I've been putting it off because it's such a chunkster, but the beginning of a new year is a great time to read a doorstopper. I hope we both enjoy it!

    Happy TTT (on a Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oof... I had a ton of books I didn't get to. 😐

    ReplyDelete