Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - New to Me Authors I Read in 2023


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is New to Me Authors I Read in 2023.  This was harder than I expected as I read mostly favorites last year.


1.  Viola Shipman - This author has been on my TBR for ages and I kicked off 2023 with The Recipe Box which I enjoyed.

2.  Laura Dave - This is another author that has been on my TBR for ages.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the book I read but I'm planning on giving her books another try this year.

3.  Patrick Taylor - I read the first book in the Irish Country Doctor series and really loved it.  I'm looking forward to reading more by this author in 2024.

4.  Annette Dashofy - This cozy mystery author has been around for ages and I never got around to reading her books.  This was good and another author I need to read more from in 2024.  

5.  Sarah Fox - Basically ditto above.  


6.  Mindy Quigley - I've heard good things about this author for the last year or so and finally at the end of 2023 I decided to give her Deep Dish mystery series a try and it was a lot of fun.

7.  Callie Carpenter - I think Death by Demo was this author's debut book and it was such a fun cozy!

8.  Laurie Cass - I read the a book in this long running cozy series and discovered another series I need to get caught up in!

9.  Henry James - The Turning of the Screw was on my TBR for ages and to be honest I wasn't a fan.  However, I will try more from him at another time.

10. Molly Caldwell Crosby - I read a nonfiction book by this author and really enjoyed how she pulled in context.  I definitely want to read more from her.

What New to You Authors did you read in 2023?

6 comments:

  1. I checked my Goodreads shelf to figure this out. Some of my new authors would be : SA Crosby, Jodi Taylor, SB Divya, Malka Older, Robert Bailey, CJ Box, and Heather Fawcett.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only one on your list that I've read is Henry James (not a favorite author, by the way) and the book was THE TURNING OF THE SCREW. It was creepy and one read was enough. As I seem to remember, his other books are not like that one, but I will admit that I am not a big reader of 'classic' authors. Except maybe Agatha Christie - ha! I have been meaning to read Annette Dashofy's books or try them anyway. I met her at a mystery conference and she was very nice and interesting to listen to and talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Callie Carpenter for the first time this past year too and enjoyed her book. :-) I really want to try something by Viola Shipman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some new-to-you authors who are worthy of another go. That's always such a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we both had Laura Dave and I feel exactly the same way. I share Callie Carpenter with you as well. Viola Shipman I'd read before and have read a fair bit of his now. All the others are unread by me, but great you found them in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I love Viola Shipman's books.

    ReplyDelete