Friday, January 12, 2024

Friday Fives - Long Running Series I'm Hoping to Make Progress On


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.   One of my goals this year is to make progress on at least 3 long running series.  My definition of a long running series is basically a series that has at least 10 books that I haven't read.  Here are 5 that are on my short list.


1.  The Meg Langslow series by Donna Andrews - I absolutely love this series but somehow I've really only read the most recent books so I'm looking forward to going back to the beginning of this one.


2.  The Mrs. Jeffries series by Emily Brightwell - I love the most recent books and have liked the first couple of books so I'm hoping to make progress on the in between books so I can get to know the characters' full backstories.


3.  Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham - For a change of pace I'm going over to the paranormal romantic suspense side of things and am going to try and catch up on this creepy series!




4. Gaslight Mysteries by Victoria Thompson - I have loved the most recent books in this series and I know a lot changes for the characters as the series progresses so I'm looking forward to reading the early books in the series.


5.  Sebastian St. Cyr by C.S. Harris - I have really enjoyed the later books in the series but I always kind of feel like I would like it more if I had started from the beginning so I'm going to give that a try!

What long running series are on your TBR?  

6 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite of you on the C.S. Harris series...I've read all the first ones, but am behind on the three most recent ones. And I love Victoria Thompson's Gaslight series; I just finished reading Murder on Bedford Street and am eagerly awaiting her next one, which I think comes out in April. Good luck on catching up on these series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also behind on Krewe of Hunters but want to listen to all the Luke Daniels ones. I love the Victoria Thompson and CS Harris series. I'm up to date on VT and have only read a few of the Harris books but own them all on audio. I'm rooting for you!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your series goals! I've got a few I want to either catch up on or try for the first time. I've read some of Donna Andrews' books, but not all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of for working on these series, so many good books to compete but I am feeling that you will move along in each series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I have so many series to try and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these look good. I have read almost all the Krewe of Hunters books by Heather Graham. The Sebastian St. Cyr series is on my list of historical mystery series to try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete