Wednesday, January 3, 2024

The Year of Fun Reading - 2024 Reading List

 

This year my whole focus is letting the fun back in and that includes my reading!  I've never been much of a mood reader but somehow that doesn't mean I get to books that I've really been looking forward to reading.  Last year I made a list of books that were my top priority - 5 books from the library and 5 books from my shelves - and it worked really well so I'm going to do that again!  Here are 10 books I'm really looking forward to reading!

From the Library:


1.  Homecoming by Kate Morton - I have really loved almost everything I've read by this author and this one especially has caught my attention.  

2.  The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont by Shawn Levy - This nonfiction book has been tempting me and this is the year it gets read!

3.  Dark Corners by Megan Goldin - I've heard great things about this author and this one looks like a thriller I would love.

4.  The Grace of Wild Things by Heather Fawcett - a bit of magic and a story loosely based on Anne of Green Gables  make this one sound absolutely wonderful and like a book I must read.

5.  Arsenic with Austen by Katherine Bolger Hyde - I really wanted to read this one as soon as it came out but never got to it.  

From My Shelves:


1.  The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman  - I picked this book up during an Audible sale and was really excited to read it - and then didn't.

2.  The Science of Murder: The Forensics of Agatha Christie by Carla Valentine - I preordered this one but didn't get to it when it arrived.  

3.  Postcards from a Stranger by Imogen Clark - I picked this up after seeing good reviews from a blogger friend and have been really looking forward to reading it.

4.  Blood Red by Wendy Corsi Staub - I've collected quite a number of books by this author but it's been a long time since I've read anything by her.  This is the first in a series.  

5.  Death at Greenway by Lori Rader Day - This mystery set during World War II takes place at Agatha Christie's home!  Of course I need to read it!

9 comments:

  1. Imogen Clark books are great. I read the one you have listed as well as a few of her other novels. I wanted the Abby Waxman book but I think I got it when I wasn't in the mood, need to request it again. Homecoming is good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go through my books and prioritize what I want to read next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of HOMECOMING on my Kindle to read and I also own DEATH AT GREENWAY. Will try to read both and look forward to hearing what you think about them as well. Fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really a good plan. I don't know if I can modify my own reading along those line but I like it. I have books I own that I bought and that were freebies and I try to read both. I've done a bit better with the freebies almost because it works with some of my other challenges and memes. I've always wanted to read The Bookish Life of Nina Hill and I've also been interested in Wendi Corsi Staub and Lori Rader Day.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea to list your ten top priority books. The Grace of Wild Things sounds like a good one. And I loved The Bookish Life of Nina Hill. :D Enjoy your year of fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading Homecoming too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know I am slow reading Homecoming, I am loving it so far, I could fast read it, but I'll keep to my 24 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of bringing more fun into your life! Especially in your reading. The only book I've read from this list is the Rader-Day one, which was just okay for me. I really need to finally read HOMECOMING. I love Kate Morton. I hope you love all these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing the same thing this year. 🤗

    ReplyDelete