Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Goals for 2024


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Bookish Goals for 2024.  


1.  Read 200 Books - I made this goal pretty easily last year but I'm not sure I can up the goal and make it.

2.  Finish 2024 ARCs - I don't want to have any leftover review books at the end of the year.  I'm hoping to read more than I request.

3.  Read the Books on My Priority List

4.  Read the Books on My Classics List

5.  Read 10 Overdue Review Books - In addition to not having any leftover review books for this year I want to make some progress on the backlog of the overdue review books I have.


6.  Read 7 Nonfiction Books - I usually really enjoy nonfiction books but I'm not great about actually adding them to my reading list unless I make a point of it.  My goal for the last few years has been 5 nonfction so this year I'm hoping to read a few more.

7.  Read 10 TBR Tarot Choices - Last year I bought a set of TBR Tarot cards off of Etsy and really enjoy using them to choose a book to read.  This year I'm hoping to read 10 books chosen by the cards!

8.  Read the Read Christie 2024 challenge choices hosted by Agatha Christie Ltd.  - This year the Read Christie Challenge is focusing on time periods and has selected 1 Christie per month and I'm looking forward to reaching all of them.

9.  Read a book by each author on my Author List - There are so many authors that I've been meaning to read for ages and this year I put together a list of some of them and am going to read a book by each author.

10. Make Progress on 10 Series - In the past few years I've planned on finishing/catching up on 10 series but I've kind of gotten rid of all the low hanging fruit and that's gotten much harder.  My goal now is to make progress on 10 including finishing 3 and making progress on 3 long running series.

What are your goals for your 2024 reading?

10 comments:

  1. Those are worthwhile goals so I hope they work for you. I have my goals and implement them through challenges and Memes I do.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your goals are great, Katherine! Good luck with them. I'm trying to do more series reading as well, though I have been tempted to started again with many of them. We'll see how that quest goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These goals are very good. I wish you luck with all of them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your goals, not that I could do them, but I know you will take a very good shot at them and so organised with them. I don't read many NF books either. often I tend to dip in and out of them and never really count them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read more Christie and more of the british Library Crime Classics this year. And I hope you like Kelley Armstrong when you get to her! I like what I've read of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic goals! I also hope to read more than I request this year but that can be very hard to do. Good luck with all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great goals. You've got some great authors on your author list and I love the whole idea of those TBR Tarot cards. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have added TBR Tarot Choices to mine--what a great idea! These all sound like great goals, Katherine. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the idea of making an author list. I hadn't really thought of doing that before, but I always love an excuse to make a list/spreadsheet :) I definitely recommend Armstrong, Sager, and Hannah. I hope you enjoy all these authors when you get to them.

    Happy TTT (on a Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! These are all great challenges. I think I only have a couple of 2023 ARCs leftover, so I'm hoping to get those cleared out. Happy reading. 😊

    ReplyDelete