Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday Fives - January TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This is the first Friday in January so I'm picking out five books I hope to read this month.


1.  The Bright Spot by Jill Shalvis - I have really enjoyed the books I've read by Jill Shalvis and this is one of the review books I'm most excited about this month.  


2.  Trace by Archer Mayor - I read a number of early books in this series and really enjoyed it.  The blurb of this one caught my attention and this is an overdue review book I'm looking forward to reading.


3.  Dark Corners by Megan Goldin - I just read a few fantastic reviews about this book and I'm trying to get books off my TBR list faster.  A thriller seems like a great way to start the year.


4.  Ornaments of Death by Jane K. Cleland - This is the next book in the Antique Mystery series and since it's still kind of close to Christmas it'll be one of my January reads.


5.  Nine Lives by Peter Swanson - This was my TBR Tarot card pick for the month.  The prompt was "A Book by a Male Author" and both this book and this author have been on my TBR for ages.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Bright Spot and Nine Lives.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy these! I just read a friend's review of The Bright Spot and she gave it 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these look great. I enjoyed The Bright Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy them, I'll most likely go looking for the Jill Shalvis book when it publishes at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound good, Katherine. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy reading in the new year! 📚📚📚

    ReplyDelete