Saturday, January 20, 2024

This Week in Reading - January 21


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Mind Games by Nora Roberts - Only one this week but one I'm so excited about. I love Roberts' suspense titles and this one looks great.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Murder, She Wrote: Fit for Murder by Jessica Fletcher and Terrie Farley Moran and Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

Listening:  Happy Place by Emily Henry

This has been a bizarre week.  The weather started getting bad Sunday night and ended with highs below freezing and the roads pretty much iced over almost all week.  Living in the south we don't really have the infrastructure to deal with this so when the roads ice they kind of stay iced and we stay home!   I was also sick for the first half of the week so I slept the first few days.   The temperature is supposed to get to almost 70 by the end of the week so everything will be melted by then.  I am not a fan of this cold!

This coming week I have jury duty for the first time.  I'm not looking forward to missing dog classes or having to to be at the courthouse by 8AM but hopefully I'll have some reading time.  Have you ever had jury duty?  What was your experience?  

Have a great week and happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. My aunt and uncle and another aunt just arrived in AL, they're spending a month or so down there for vacation. I'm not sure where they're at exactly though. 70 sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too would take 70 Greg! I've been to Alabama in both January and March. :) Not the gulf though - Birmingham mostly with a detour to Montgomery.

      I'm so sorry about the illness - I'm getting over covid myself which isn't fun. I think I'm over the worst of i t right now though thankfully. Enjoy the books. :)

      Delete
  2. We've had some really cold weather that came early last week, but at least there wasn't moisture with it. The rains are supposed to start today and continue for a couple of days. And the temps will be back up to 50's and 60's. Sorry you've been unwell. No, I've never been on a jury. I've had jury duty, but it's always been cancelled before the date. Hope this week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're supposed to get ice tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to stay home. I know that the south just isn't prepared for the kind of weather. I had jury duty for the first time last year. I sat in an uncomfortable chair, read a book, and ate a few snacks that I brought from home. It was a waste of a day. I hope that you are feeling better and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better. I'd definitely take reading materials but it's always on my phone and I don't go anywhere without books. I also got Mind Games. I'm looking forward to this week getting warmer but it will also be rainy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope you're doing better now. The weather has indeed been crazy. We got down into the teens... and it's headed up to the mid-60s by the end of the week. Weird.

    I got Mind Games, too, and I'm very excited to read it. Good luck with the jury duty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh...I'm so sorry you have jury duty. I've been called like six times and had to actually serve once. It was a nightmare. And I'm glad warmer temps are on their way where you live. We at least have lots of snowplows where I live for when we get ice and snow, which helps. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better. I have both of those books to review too. They look great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never know being really cold unless you crank up the ac. Live in the tropics. Hope warm weather comes your way

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also picked up the Nora Roberts one and I'm excited for it. It's been quite a while since I read one from Roberts. I hope jury duty goes well! I've been called for it 3X and served on a jury once. It was a federal case and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not like the cold either. I am sorry to hear you were sick the first part of the week and hope you are all better now. I hope jury duty goes well for you. In the county I live, if we get a jury summons, we have to call in every night for a week to see if we are needed to go in. If we are told to come in, we wait in the jury room to see if we will be assigned to a jury pool. More often than not, I don't get called and end up spending the day in the jury room reading until 5 and then am excused for another year or so. The times I've been called, I've gone to the courtroom for the jury selection process. I've only had to serve on a jury once--it was a murder trial. It was an interesting experience. I am usually never chosen because of my occupation so was surprised, especially considering the circumstances of the case. I hope you have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are warming up! ☀ We had been having below zero temps for about three weeks, but it was nearly 50° today. 😊

    I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are well now. 🤗

    ReplyDelete