Saturday, January 6, 2024

Reading Recap - December 2023


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 27 (though some of these were books I started a few months before but finished in December)

Print: 9
Ebook: 11
Audio: 7

Mystery:  18  
Fiction:  3
Nonfiction: 1
Romance: 4
Middle Grade: 1

My Favorite Books of the Month:


Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros - Fourth Wing
was a bit of a surprise hit for me and I was so excited to get the audio for this book.  I enjoyed it just as much as the first though it did break my heart.  I can't wait for the next book!


Stalking Around the Christmas Tree by Jacqueline Frost -
This was the coziest Christmas-iest sweetest cozy and perfect for December reading!

Least Favorite Book:

Ghosts of Greenglass House by Kate Milford - I didn't dislike this but it was definitely a disappointment after how much I enjoyed the first book.  

December Armchair Travel:


Domestic:  
I'm not sure I visited any new states in December but I did go to New York (4 times), Indiana, California (3 times), New Hampshire, Georgia, Wisconsin (2 times), Maine, Idaho, Colorado, Washington, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and Vermont

International Travel:
I only went to England but I visited it four times.

How was your December 2023 reading?  Where did you travel?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't broken down books read by month, tho I reached about 170 for the year. Have another good reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep track each month of where you traveled in your reading. Such a fun idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month and some fun travels.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so happy to hear you enjoyed Iron Flame, so many criticised it and I so much liked it and as yourself I really look forward to No. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a good reading month, Katherine! My daughter was eyeing Iron Flame at the bookstore yesterday and I told her she might want to start with the first book. Stalking Around the Christmas Tree sounds wonderful. I will have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Reading totals! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete