Monday, January 1, 2024

First Books of the Year - 2024

 

I love the beginning of a new year!  It's time to make new lists and new goals which are some of my favorite things.  One of my absolute favorite things is picking out what books to start out the year with.  As usual I'm picking out three books to start the year - an ebook, a print book, and an audio book.

Print Book:


Thale's Folly by Dorothy Gilman - I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Gilman's Mrs. Pollifax books and this standalone about a man who inherits a house that is far from empty sounds really fun and like a great way to start the year.


Ebook: 

The Night Island by Jayne Ann Krentz - I always enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz books and I really liked the first book in this series that I read in 2023.  

Audio Book:

Murder in an English Village by Jessica Ellicott - I picked this book up ages ago during an Audible sale but never got around to reading it.  It sounds really fun and like a great mystery to start out the year with.

Focus for 2024:

My goal for 2024 is to do the things I keep meaning to do.  I want to read the books I keep thinking I want to read, try the restaurants I keep saying I want to try, do the things I keep saying I want to do - basically stop putting things off or getting caught up in other things that I don't want to do as much.  We spent so much time the last few years focusing on Will's cancer treatment and now it kind of feels like time for all of us to learn how to have fun again.


What are your goals for 2024?  What books are you planning on starting the year with?

9 comments:

  1. A very happy New Year to you and good reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and all your family, Katherine! I think your focus for 2024 is wonderful. You guys have had tough things to deal with and now I love that you want to do things you've been meaning to do. Good luck with that! I thought I had read all of the Dorothy Gilman books, but I checked and I haven't read THALE'S FOLLY. I'll watch for what you think about it. I did notice that I've read NUN IN THE CLOSET by Gilman. Back in 2001 - ha! Have you read that one? I remember nothing about it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your focus for 2024! I hope it's a year filled with fun, good health, joy and laughter for you and your family. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the fun and new things Katherine!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great choices for you and I love your NY goals, yes its your time now to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eye on the new Krentz series. Glad to hear you enjoyed the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound like great books to start the year off with. I read an Ellicott book this past year and really enjoyed it. I want to go back and read the earlier books in the series at some point.

    I think your goal for this year is a good one. It is understandable why you had to take a step back from doing so much these past few years, and I am glad you are in a place now where you are able to start doing them again.

    I hope you have a wonderful 2024, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! 🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete