Thursday, January 11, 2024

My Series List for 2024

 

I've been working on series goals for the last few years since I read a lot of cozy mysteries and most of these are in series.  My goal this year is to finish/catch up at least three series and make progress on at least three long running series - series that have ten or more books that I haven't read.  Here's the list I'm starting 2024 with.


1.  Murder with Peacocks (Meg Langslow series) by Donna Andrews - This is one of my very favorite cozy series and the first long running series I'm attempting.

2.  Shadow of a Spout (A Teapot Collector Mystery) by Amanda Cooper - I read the first book in this 3 book ages ago and kind of forgot about it until I was wandering through my shelves.

3.  Golden Malicious (An Orchard Mystery) by Sheila Connolly - This is one of the first cozy series I ever started reading with and I got distracted by newer shinier books and never finished it.

4.  Peril in Paperback (A Bibliophile Mystery) by Kate Carlisle - This is another early cozy favorite and another series I stopped reading.

5.  Ornaments of Death (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery) by Jane K. Cleland - I really enjoy this series and am looking forward to the next book.


6.  Guilty as Cinnamon (A Spice Shop Mystery) by Leslie Budewitz - I read the first book in this series last year and really enjoyed it so of course I have to continue!

7.  Winter's End (Alaska Wild) by Paige Shelton - I've really liked this series and am curious to see how a few subplots come to be wrapped up.

8.  Button Holed (A Button Box Mystery) by Kylie Logan - I've liked other books by this author and I somehow ended up with this entire series so I need to read it!

9.  Death Long Overdue (Lighthouse Library Mystery) by Eva Gates - I've really enjoyed this series and have a review copy of the most recent book that is coming out in June so I need to get caught up!

10. The Twelve Clues of Christmas (A Royal Spyness Mystery) by Rhys Bowen - I've really enjoyed the most recent books in this series and I liked the earlier books so I need to finish the middle books.  

What are some of your favorite series?

8 comments:

  1. You always do so well with these series personal challenges. 🏆

    Recently I have loved the Middle Grade Vanderbeekers series. I still need to read the last two books. I think they are books six and seven. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the Paige Shelton (I'm up to date) and the first Eva Gates one. My favorite series are more like Karin Slaughter, Martha Wells, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, Kelley Armstrong, William Kent Krueger, Allen Eskens, Robert Dugoni, and many more.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your lists, I almost need to close my eyes looking at this one as I just can't fit any more in. I have read one I think or two in the Eva Gates lighthouse library series and would like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed the trip to Seattle with me in Assault & Pepper, and I hope you enjoy Guilty as Cinnamon just as much. Revealing the cover of #8, To Err is Cumin, in my newsletter this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Lighthouse Mysteries. I was just wondering if there were any new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of these series on my TBR to finish. I especially want to catch up with the Eva Gates series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so behind on the Royal Spyness series. I really should catch up! And I'm behind on the Lighthouse Mysteries as well. I seem to have gravitated away from cozies and toward historical mysteries, though. I have been loving the Kat Holloway (Below Stairs) series by Jennifer Ashley and the Wrexford & Sloane series by Andrea Penrose, and I'm caught up on both series. I'm a book behind on Deana Raybourn's Veronica Speedwell series; I'm missing several books in the middle of Anna Lee Huber's Lady Darby mysteries, and I'm and way behind on Tasha Alexander's Lady Emily mysteries, so I've got some catching up to do in all of those. But I was delighted to discover that there's a new Charles Lenox mystery coming from Charles Finch this spring. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete