Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Ten Books I Want to Buy Right Now

 I haven't been book shopping in awhile and I've been starting to feel the pull.  If I went book shopping right now I would pick these 10 books up.


1.  With Love from London by Sarah Jio - I have enjoyed other books from this author and this book looks amazing and just like my kind of book.

2.  A Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry - This series is one that has been on my radar for awhile and it's ended which helps because I can read them all!  

3.  Strange Journey by Maud Cairnes - I heard a review for this one and it sounded fantastic so now I really want to read it.

4.  You Can Run by Rebecca Zanetti - This author is on my TBR and this is the first in a series.

5.  The Rescuers by Margery Sharp - I adored this movie as a kid but didn't realize it was from a book until recently.  I'm curious to see how it differs from the movie.


6.  Murder on Black Swan Lane by Andrea Penrose - I've heard fantastic things about this author and I really want to try this book.

7.  Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey - This author is really high on my TBR and this one sounds great.

8.  A Nun in the Closet by Dorothy Gilman - I have really been enjoying this author's Mrs. Pollifax books but I haven't read many of her stand alone books and this one looks really good.

9.  Bayou Book Thief by Ellen Byron - I have loved the books by this author set in Louisiana and this first in a new series that looks amazing.

10. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen - I have loved the books I've read by this author and really loved Garden Spells so I need to read this one.  

What books would you buy right now if you were book shopping?


11 comments:

  1. Ha, did Blogger's message box change?? Or am I only noticing it now??

    Anyways! I haven't been book shopping in ages as well. Until my bookshelves aren't done, I can't buy any new books as I don't have storage space left. I kept one empty box when I packed up last year, and it it overflowing....

    But I would definitely also buy Murder on Black Swan Lake!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve loved all of SAA’s books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read You Can Run by Rebecca Zanetti and enjoyed it. I love the series by Andrea Penrose and own them all on audio.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a list of books I want to buy!! By the way Kristy Woodson Harvey books are very good on audio. I now have the Sarah Jio book bought but not read - the usual story! And I like a Sarah Addison Allen book any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of books! I have a few of them on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, With Love from London looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked First Frost and have been on a Zanetti kick lately so You Can Run sounds really good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're in the middle of downsizing and moving to a smaller house, so I've been donating books, not accumulating them. It's tough! I walked right by Barnes & Noble yesterday and didn't even go on. So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read A Nun in the Closet last month - my first non-Mrs. Pollifax book from Dorothy Gilman. I LOVED it! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy Slightly South of Simple!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realize The Rescuers was a book either, and I'm surprised because Baz went through an anthropomorphized mice phase, both with stories and having a mouse family in a doll house. I thought we had read all the mouse books there were to be had. Ha ha. I've added it to Goodreads. 🐭

    ReplyDelete