Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday Fives - Fine Non-Bookish Things I'm Loving Right Now


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This week is a not so much and I'm making a list of non-bookish things I'm loving right now.


1.  Katie Hespe's YouTube channel Katie Hespe does Trader Joe's hauls and taste tests.  She can be a little corny but she's so sweet and the taste tests she does with her family are fun to watch and really informative.  

2.  Bombas Socks - I've seen the ads for Bombas but never saw the need to pay that much on a pair of socks until a few weeks ago when I picked up a pair on a whim.  They are amazing!  I have chronic tendinitis in one of my ankles and the band of ankle socks can sometimes really irritate that but the way Bombas socks don't put any pressure around my ankle.  They're also the perfect weight and I love the band that goes around the center of the foot. I have found a few different knock offs that are almost as good but not quite.  I probably won't buy a huge amount but if I'm going hiking or something like that they will always be my first choice.  


3.  Chick Fil A Chicken Biscuits - This is all Rover's fault.  I try to avoid Chick Fil A breakfasts because they're so yummy and so not great for me but Rover's obedience class happens to end half an hour before breakfast ends and just happens to be not very far from a Chick Fil A.  AND he loves going through the drive thru because everyone says hi to him.  So we have gone every Thursday.  I'm glad this class is only 8 weeks!

4.  Yogurt Covered Pretzels - Continuing the food theme I've been obsessed with Yogurt Covered Pretzels.  They're sweet but not too sweet and they've been my favorite snack when I just want a little something.


5.  Sen Cal Kapimi/Love Is In The Air/You Knock On My Door - I'm not even sure how I stumbled across this Turkish soap opera but I quickly got obsessed with it.  I watched most of Season 1 on YouTube with English subtitles but couldn't find season 2 so I ended up subscribing to a streaming service called WatchTurk.  I normally dislike TV dramas but I'll be so sad when I finish this one!

What non-bookish things are you loving right now?

9 comments:

  1. Chick Fil A chicken biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! How on earth did you find a Turkish soap opera? Ok, I now you already said you weren't sure how but that is funny. You Tube! You are brilliant, I never thought of looking on YouTube for shows I can't find at our library.

    Going to check out those socks. My latest thing to wear is a compression knee brace. I stupidly stepped back on our stairs thinkning I was at the bottom. Nope, there was another step and now I have a knee injury. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have things you love - I've heard of bombas socks, I think Anne Bogel advertises them on her podcast from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered about Bombas socks, I want to try a pair now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chic Fil A is always so crowded here but their food sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that I have ever had Chick Fil A's breakfast. That photo of Rover is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to check out those socks! 😊 I'm splurging and getting some good quality walking shoes, so I might as well get some quality socks. 😊

    Growing up I always wanted to have one child of my own and then adopt seven more, or have tons of foster kids. Well, we all know that never happened, but I found a Facebook page for a family who fosters and then adopts sibling groups to keep them together; and I love them. I have found other families like this on social media in the past, but they always ended up being super religious and preachy. This family is Mormon, but they very, very rarely mention it and when they do it's fleeting like mentioning they have a group prayer every morning before the kids go to school. They are called The Crazy Middles and they are also on YouTube. 😊

    ReplyDelete