Thursday, April 7, 2022

Books from the Backlog - Murder in Piccadilly

 


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  Murder in Piccadilly by Charles Kingston

Blurb: When Bobbie Cheldon falls in love with a pretty young dancer at the Frozen Fang night club in Soho, he has every hope of an idyllic marriage. But Nancy has more worldly ideas about her future: she is attracted not so much to Bobbie as to the fortune he expects to inherit.

Bobbie's miserly uncle Massy stands between him and happiness: he will not relinquish the ten thousand a year on which Nancy's hopes rest. When Bobbie falls under the sway of the roguish Nosey Ruslin, the stage is set for murder in the heart of Piccadilly - and for Nancy's dreams to be realised. When Chief Inspector Wake of Scotland Yard enters the scene, he uncovers a tangled web of love affairs, a cynical Soho underworld, and a motive for murder.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I had completely forgotten about this one until today when I was scrolling through my dusty NetGalley shelf.  It sounds fantastic and since it came out seven years ago I desperately need to read it!

5 comments:

  1. It does sound good. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I am not the only one with books that have been sitting for years from NetGalley. This sounds really good so I hope that you enjoy it! I think that it always feels good to finally turn in a review for these older books lingering on NetGalley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, dusty shelves would stress me out on NG! Does sound like it could be your kind of read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo... I'm having a bit of thing about 1920s murder mysteries at the moment... It reminds me of the stories my Gran used to tell of her days before she got married - she worked at the Soho telephone exchange as a telephonist and was a flapper:)). I love the fabulous cover and will be looking out for this one - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete