Thursday, April 28, 2022

Books from the Backlog - A Man Lay Dead


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh

Blurb:  At Sir Hubert Handesley's country house party, five guests have gathered for the uproarious parlor game of "Murder." Yet no one is laughing when the lights come up on an actual corpse, the good-looking and mysterious Charles Rankin. Scotland Yard's Inspector Roderick Alleyn arrives to find a complete collection of alibis, a missing butler, and an intricate puzzle of betrayal and sedition in the search for the key player in this deadly game.

Why It Needs To Come Off the Shelf:  I've read several Inspectro Alleyn books over the years but never in order and never this one.  This is one I'm hoping to read off my classic mystery list this year.

4 comments:

  1. This does sound like fun. I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Ngaio Marsh many years ago, but only when I couldn't find anything else. These days so much competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this author before but I do like the sound of this book. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is completely new to me. I do hope that you enjoy it, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete