Sunday, April 17, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy and Some Reading - April 17


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


The Librarian Spy by Madeline Martin - I loved the last book by this author and am excited about this one.  (Publisher)

A Certain Darkness by Anna Lee Huber - I really enjoy this series and of course I had to pick up the next one in the series. (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading A Perilous Perspective by Anna Lee Huber and Dead Men Don't Ski by Patricia Moyes

Listening:  Persuasion by Jane Austen


Will got a very fun and unexpected box from Blue Origin.  My mother met the head of Club Future at Blue Origin a few months ago and gave him a postcard to fly on their next mission.  Well not only did he send the postcard but he sent a whole package of stuff.  It made for a really fun surprise especially since it arrived on a day we got back from clinic both not feeling well and it made for a nice distraction.  Will is feeling pretty good and his numbers at clinic were solid. He's been eating okay and wanting to eat which is huge but we are still a long way from getting rid of the NG tube.


Rover is in a "teenager" phase so he's reverted a little in training so he's been a bit of a handful lately but we are halfway through his first obedience class and will be starting Beyond Manners in May before we start entry level obedience and fundamentals of agility.  I'm really enjoying working with him.

Allergy season has hit hard around here and I am not a fan!  I've always had allergies but this season seems especially bad.  I've been taking advantage of the not feeling so well time to finish my rewatch of Friends.  I think after I finish this I think I'm going to re-watch The Big Bang Theory.  I have very ambitious plans as you can see!  

Have a great week and happy reading!

22 comments:

  1. I love Friends and Big Bang Theory, so I will compliment your taste. My rewatch of I Love Lucy is moving very slowly, but I only try to watch it on Saturdays, usually, I I didn't get to it this week. Or last week.

    Glad that box could brighten your day. It sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone into that Anna Lee Huber series but know it will be good from her other series. Friends is such fun, I was watching some of their bloopers on You Tube the other day. That box Will got was just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good news that Will's wanting to eat, one step at a time I guess.
    Very cute dog.
    Charlotte's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Huber book looks great. I've been wanting to try her books so that is making me want to even more! And that's neat about the box. I'm glad to hear Will's numbers are good.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will looks like he is happy to receive a nice gift box. Your dog is a breed that doesn't mature until about 2 years of age (I used to work with dogs and this is what I was told).
    But he is adorable and getting training, so all's good!
    I have the Perilous Perspective also and will be reading it a bit later on but I do love Lady Darby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Will had a pretty good week and hope your allergies don't keep you down. I never had allergies until the last few years - not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a good weekend and the allergies don't get too bad.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/17/sunday-post-27/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Will is doing okay. Good luck with teenage Rover! Hopefully he calms down and starts learning his manners again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Librarian Spy sounds interesting! Glad to hear that Will is doing good and that is cool Blue Origin sent a fun package!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great surprise for Will and he looks so good. Rover looks like a handful ut what a happy pup.
    Have you tried Zyrtec for allergies? I just bought some but haven't tried it yet. The pollen and grasses here are making me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice for Will to get that package. I hope he keeps feeling better.

    The Librarian Spy looks like a good book.

    I hope your allergies are under control. Mine are acting up too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great that Will got a package that cheered you both up.

    Enjoy your week and that teenage puppy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, don't even talk about allergy season! Not really allergy season here, but due to all the dust with the renovations, I have constant allergies!

    Will is looking good... Glad he's eating a bit better!!!

    The Librarian Spy looks AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait for you to read it and tell us all about it.

    Have a good week Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool for Will. He looks more well rounded than so skinny. He's getting there. Rover looks huge. I hope your allergies are better soon. I used to be horrible but the Allegra works well for me. But I also have year round allergies like dust and mold, as well as the pollen. You got some good looking new reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rover is such a cutie! I'm so glad Will got that box and is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter! I hope Will has enjoyed Easter. Allergy season is in full swing here too. Both my husband and my cat suffer from allergies and I feel so bad for them. Good luck with everything! :) I hope you have a good week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that Will is doing well! I might rewatch Friends myself!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool gift for Will! I’m glad he’s feeling more like eating and hope that continues. Hope you feel better as well and can enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Above comment from me😊 on my phone. (Mary @bookfan)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun for Will to receive the Blue Origin box! I hope he has fun with it. :) Allergies seem to be off the charts this spring. My husband seems to be suffering from them and he's never had allergy issues before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Was it a rainy winter for you there? I heard people saying the overabundance of pollen in the Southeast is from a wet winter. 🤔

    I was so happy to hear Will is feeling better after that rough patch. ❤

    Agility looks like so much fun! The AKC didn't have agility competitions back when I was showing dogs, so I never participated. Although, I must admit I don't know how people remember the course directions in such a short amount of time. 😅

    I hope you had a great Easter. 🐇 Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful package! It sounds like it showed up at just the right time too. I am happy to hear that Will is feeling better. Rover is just too cute. I should have done a better job of training my dogs but I think I let them train me instead. I hope that you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete