Sunday, April 24, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy, and Some Reading - April 24


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  I'm trying to read off my shelves both actual and virtual and trying to really cut down on the number of NetGalley books I'm getting.

Currently:


Reading: 
The Lost Jewels by Kristy Manning and Murder on Madison Square by Victoria Thompson

Listening: Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber

This week was kind of an up and down week for Will.  We got some great news that research shows that there is no need to continue the chemo/steroid combo that he gets once a month past week 50 which means no more steroids!  The steroids are tough and that particular chemo drug is one that causes a lot of the nerve pain so it's so exciting to be done with all that.  The only negative is that he won't get a break from the main chemo drug which means there's a greater chance of toxicity build up.  He gets an IV antibiotic once a month to prevent a certain type of bacterial pneumonia and even though he's gotten it multiple times he had an adverse reaction.  We are going to try to add Benadryl next time and hopefully it won't be an issue again but he hasn't been feeling well all week either because of that or chemo fatigue.


It's hard to believe that Rover is only 6 months old!  In this picture he looks like a full grown dog!  His adult coat still has to fully come in and he'll probably gain about 30 more pounds but he's such a cutie.  We've decided to repeat Manners class we are taking before moving on to the next one.  He understands all the commands and is doing great with heeling but he could use a little more maturity and this will put him a little older when we move on to beginning agility and higher level obedience.  

Has anyone been having problems with Bloglovin?  I was using that pretty much exclusively but for the last couple of weeks it seems to be down all the time.  I've switched over to Feedly and while it's taking some getting used to I'm actually liking it a lot better and right now it seems more reliable.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

22 comments:

  1. I won't get to that Victoria Thompson book until next year. I'm so close to being caught up on the series. So close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloglovin is a pain in the arse. LOL, I use feedly as well but just tend to follow blogs I enjoy via email. Hoping Will has a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get anything new either :)

    I hope will feels bette this week. Yay for no more steroids though!

    I haven't been using bloglovin as much. I still get a more or less daily notification but I just have been more winging it visiting blogs and not using bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Will can come off the steroids - Sending him and you all my prayers of love and healing. 🙏 Take care and happy reading in the coming week. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the change in medicine for your son bring him some added relief. Sending good thoughts your way. And the pup is getting so big, so fast! Yes I have had issues with Bloglovin for about a month and hope readers follow me in the two options besides that one I give on my blog. I will look into Feedly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to Will and a speedy getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You reading that Victoria Thompson book reminds me that I need to get going on that series as I wanted to catch up this year and I am on #17. :) So glad that Will doesn't have to take the steroids but hope issues to happen to much with the other stuff he is taking. Always saying a prayer for him. *hugs* Rover is so cute!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Will's change in med routines helps him. I'm frustrated with blogger and Google Chrome. I can't save downloads and then upload them to my blog. It makes me want to give up 14 years of blogging as I just don't have the patience of motivation to endure more glitches.

    Hope this week is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I'm Bonnie. I'm new to Sunday Post. The cover of The Lost Jewels is stunning! Thoughts and prayers for Will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katherine! Yea! So happy to hear about Will and will hold thumps that there won't be infections or anything.

    I've also struggled with Bloglovin, but for a while now!! I can't access the Wordpress blog on Bloglovin and no-one gets back to me. I've mailed and logged complaints, but nada. So my feed still goes to my Blogger site. That doesn't help me at all! I am going to take a look at Feedly as well. Thanks for bringing it under my attention.

    Have a good week Katherine and happy reading!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to Will and his continued treatment. Rover is adorable at six months old. I only got one book this week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Will feels better soon. I never liked Bloglovin and when someone told me about Feedly I went to it and loved it. I don't follow any blogs by email. I've even set up feedly for following authors but that's harder because if you download a freebie book they keep signing you up for their emails. I also follow some cooking blogs on Feedly. I've still got a few old blogs I follow on Wordpress but they hardly post anymore. I hope you find a way which works for you.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am beyond frustrated with Blogluvin right now... it's almost impossible to keep up with the blogs I follow lately! I'll look into Feedly. Hope you all have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news about the steroids. I hope Will is feeling better. Rover is so cute.

    I'm trying to stay away from NetGalley, too, but it's so hard. LOL

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Will is a real warrior, so much to challenge him and to put up with. When I am moaning I must remember what he goes through. Rover looks fantastic and what a good idea to repeat the class. He'll be at the top this time! I've given up on Bloglovin' now because its always down. At the moment I am trialling my Wordpress reader, and as I can put in Blogspot blogs like yours I think it'll work for me. I haven't got every one I follow in there yet but will eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome news for Will that he doesn't need the steroids! Rover does indeed look like a full grown dog. He's gorgeous.
    I don't use Bloglovin but I do use Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy for Will that he won't have to do the steriods that were so hard on him anymore. I hope that he doesn't have any problems with the continuing chemo. Rover does look like a grown up dog. I should have done a much better job of going to classes with my dogs. I hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry it has been an up and down week for Will. I'm glad he no longer has to take the steroids. I hope he does better without them. {{{hugs}}} I love the picture of Rover. He's adorable.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope Will has a better week this week. It is great that you get to stop the steroids!

    Rover is so darn cute!!!!

    I've never gotten over losing Google Reader years ago. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad there is some good news health-wise! But I do hope he feels better this week. Your dog is adorable! He does look like a full grown dog haha

    I haven't used bloglovin' in a while because it's always broken, so I've switched to exclusively using Feedly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can only imagine the fatigue from long time treatment. I hope this week is easier on Will. I’ve heard complaints about bloglovin recently. I hope you can land on a good replacement. Have a good week and thanks for the Rover pic😊
    Mary @ Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a relief the steroids are over for Will. 🤗 I hope the rest of his treatments will be uneventful. As you said last week it's wonderful having an end to the treatments in sight. ❤

    Rover has that canine teenagerish look to him now. Little puppies are cute, but I'll take the more mature behavior of a handsome six month old. 😊

    I hope you've been having a great week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete