Saturday, April 2, 2022

March 2022 - Reading Recap


Books Read this Month 
- 20 - I hit a few books this month that were a bit of a struggle and kind of had me teetering on a slump but I think I've gotten out of it

Bookish Category Breakdown: 

Print:  6

Ebook: 4

Audio:  10

Romance:  3

Mystery:  12

Nonfiction: 3

Fiction:  2

Favorite Book of the Month:


The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - I forgot just how much I enjoy this author's books and was so glad I picked up this one.  Listening to this one was just a delight.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:

I had my first DNF this month - A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable.  I may end up picking it back up because I did find it readable but I really disliked the characters so I doubt it.


But my least favorite book that I finished this month was The Bettencourt Affair by Tom Sancton.  I don't know if the events in the book were just to recent so it just felt like he said/she said gossip or it really was just he said/she said gossip.  I think it would have made a great article but if I hadn't been listening to the audio I wouldn't have made it through this one.

How was your reading in March?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on reading 20 books! I wish I could read that many. My TBR would be a lot more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading/listening month. I can't stand an audio that is constantly a barrage of he said/she said. That is a clear indication it won't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job with reading! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well on reading goals!! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I had a good reading month too.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did some good reading in March! Too bad about The Bettencourt Affair. I know it's an interesting story(my daughter worked for L'Oréal in NYC after college) but maybe not worth a whole book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great month of reading! 20 books is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20 books is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like one of Michelle Gable's books and now she is off my list! I enjoyed the Sarah Addison Allen book but it sounds like audio was great. Great audio listening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to cut back to one book a week and make myself do other things. It's kind of working... I only read six this month. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a great reading month! I hope April is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a fabulous reading month! 20 books is amazing! I do need to read more of Sarah Addison Allen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a good reading month, despite the books you struggled with. I hope you have a great April!

    ReplyDelete