Thursday, March 31, 2022

Books from the Backlog - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams

Blurb:  What do a dead cat, a computer whiz-kid, an Electric Monk who believes the world is pink, quantum mechanics, a Chronologist over 200 years old, Samuel Taylor Coleridge (poet), and pizza have in common?

Apparently not much; until Dirk Gently, self-styled private investigator, sets out to prove the fundamental interconnectedness of all things by solving a mysterious murder, assisting a mysterious professor, unravelling a mysterious mystery, and eating a lot of pizza – not to mention saving the entire human race from extinction along the way (at no extra charge).

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  This has been sitting on my "Oh yes, I'm going to read this very soon" shelf for years and despite really enjoying Adams' sense of humor I just have never gotten around to it.  I really want to fix that!

6 comments:

  1. Looks good. I never heard about this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read Douglas Adams but I do have The Hitchhiker's Guide on my shelf. I hope that you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds interesting and different. I usually enjoy books with a bit of humor in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must say that's a bit of a strange mix of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This and the first sequel have been sitting on my Kindke firever, too. I will be looking out for what you think. I liked Hitchhiker's Guide. 📚

    ReplyDelete