Sunday, March 27, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy, and Some Reading


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  I had planned on doing some book shopping but this week was just chaotic.

Currently:


Reading:  When the Crow's Away by Auralee Wallace and A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable

Listening:  A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II by Sonia Purnell



Rover and I went on a hike this week!  This was his very first hike and the first time I had gone hiking in years.  I had forgotten just how challenging a particular trail was and I am seriously out of shape so it was a bit more of an adventure than I expected.  We had a lot of fun and Rover really enjoyed it once he got used to being out of the woods.  If the weather is nice this week I'm planning on taking him on another hike though I think I'll be a bit more careful about which trail I pick!  After we went to a new pet store that is locally owned and has a ton of fun toys and chew sticks.  It was a fun day though I was exhausted by the time we made it home!

Will had a pretty good week.  He's feeling pretty good and his energy level has definitely increased.  His numbers also improved which shows that he has definitely beaten the infection that landed him in the hospital last week.  We are really struggling with getting him to eat. Between lack of appetite, chemo making everything taste funny, and extra nausea it's really been a struggle.  We've been trying to use his NG tube more but even that is causing nausea.  

My week hasn't been very exciting.  I've dealt with Will stuff and Rover stuff but other than that I've just been flat exhausted.  I don't know if it's the time change (I know I'm in the minority but I am NOT a fan of this whole spring forward nonsense.  I will fall back all day long and let it get dark at 3PM but I hate springing forward!)  or recovering from lack of sleep from the nights in the hospital, or allergies ramping up or all of that and some other stuff but I feel like I could sleep for a year.  I'm glad I got a lot of reading done early in the month because I'm barely getting any reading time at all right now.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

16 comments:

  1. The cover of When The Crow's Away is gorgeous. I'm one of those who consider the cover when choosing a book, silly I know.

    I'm glad you are enjoying hikes with the pup. Since you are under so much stress with a sick little boy and a new puppy it's important to be alone and "get in your head".
    I hope Will feels a bit better this week. Could he be tempted by pudding, possibly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having a dog to take on long walks. Enjoy the pup and the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Will's numbers were up and he's feeling better. He's amazing.Can;
    't believe how big Rover is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Roover is just so cute! I miss the days when my labbies were babies. Almost 13 years ago... Can't believe it!

    Please take care of yourself Katherine. Get some rest, some sunshine and enjoy all the puppy love!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rover is so cute! I love the pictures of him. They make me smile. I hope you have a great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Rover is getting some new experiences. I hope Will continues to improve. I think the pollen is affecting us a bit or maybe the time change.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Will is feeling better! Rover is adorable. We have started hiking again, but just on the shorter, flatter trails for now. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rover is adorable, especially with that huge bone in his mouth!

    Glad Will is doing better, hope his appetite improves soon!

    I know how you feel, I just feel worn out today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The walk in the wood sounds great. I bet plenty of good smells for Rover to investigate. You take care, just do what you really have to do and leave the rest. Hope Will's appetite improves. Take care, thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a really hard time with the time change this year. I was in bed before 8 one night this week. You have a lot going on though. I am glad that Rover did okay on the hike. With 3, it is hard to take them to do stuff like that which I regret. I hope that Will's appetite improves but I know that is hard with chemo. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully this week Will will have some appetite, I'm glad his numbers were better. Did Rover sleep well after your hike? Yes the time change IMO was rough this year! I love the cover of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you are in the minority; I think no one likes the time changes!

    I'm sorry that Will is still struggling with his appetite. I'm glad to see that his numbers are better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're enjoying A Woman of No Importance. That one took a lot of brain power for me to keep the names/places straight, but her story is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rover is growing like a weed! It's great to have a hiking buddy. 🐕✨

    I'm happy to hear Will is feeling better. Boo hiss on the nausea. I get bouts of EDS related nausea which sometimes last for days and oddly enough, although everyone suggests minty things and ginger for nausea, sour things, especially sour lemon things help me. Does Will like sour candy? You could give it a whirl and see if it helps. It doesn't cure it, but it might help take the edge off. 🍋

    You know, they tried the staying on DST when I was in 11th grade and they had to switch back to Standard Time because in late fall and winter it was pitch black out in the mornings, when kids were walking to school and waiting for busses. I don't think Congress did much research into the matter. You would think the decision would have been to stay on Standard Time all year. I think half of the people who champion DST think it literall gives us an extra hour of sunlight. I saw this mentioned all over social media. 🙄

    I hope you had a great start to your week. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  15. When the Crow's Away looks really good.

    I'm glad Will is feeling better and I hope his appetite improves. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete