Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Ten Books Set in Ireland On My TBR




The Becoming by Nora Roberts - Only a portion of this is actually in Ireland.  The rest is in another realm but it feels like Ireland so it counts.

The Lilac Bus by Maeve Binchy - I've only read one Maeve Binchy book but I absolutely loved it and I bought this one a little while ago but haven't gotten to it.

The Mountain Wild by Sarah Stewart Taylor - This one has been on my TBR for ages and it sounds fantastic.

The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy - I can't resist library books and a library in Ireland sounds even better.

The Guest List by Lucy Foley - I'm not entirely sure this one is set in Ireland but I read somewhere that it was so I'm counting it.


The Book of Killowen Erin Hart - This is kind of a last chance book for this series.  I really enjoyed the first book or two in the series but the last book was painful.  If I don't like this one I think it's time to call it done.

The Likeness by Tana French - I read the first book in the Dublin Murder Squad and had very mixed feelings about it but I've heard great things about this one.

The Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney - I'm kind of surprised I've never read this author because this one is all about sisters and family secrets and it sounds fantastic.

The Girl on the Cliff Lucinda Riley - I've only read the Seven Sisters series by Riley but this one looks great.

Murder at an Irish Wedding Carlene O'Connor - I read the first book in the series and really enjoyed it so I need to continue the series.

Do you have any books set in Ireland on your TBR?

11 comments:

  1. Nice list Katherine. I need to catch up on Tana French. I read 2-3 of her books years ago but them stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked The Likeness by Tana French. I know many were not as pleased with the first, but I bet you would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I enjoy Nora Roberts so I definitely will add that one to my never-ending pile!!😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love books set in Ireland. Great list. I have read a few books by Maeve Binchy and I love her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the Sarah Taylor Stewart series and the third one is out this summer. I also loved The Guest List by Lucy Foley. I listened to both on audio since the Irish and English accents make it even more in the setting.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of these I haven't heard of. I agree though The Becoming belongs in the Irish realm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Sarah Taylor Stewart one on my kindle but unread so far. Thanks for reminding me. Good list. I enjoy stories set in England, Scotland, and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about it now, I think all the books I've read about Ireland have been history books, memoirs, and anthologies of legends/myths/fables/fairytales. Hmm... I'll have to look for some novels for next year. ☘ ☘ ☘

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can definitely recommend Sarah Stewart Taylor's books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't a huge fan of the second book in the Irish Village series, it was like a totally different book so beware of that. I am only continuing the series because my problems with book two might work its way out in book three, so I will see. :)

    My Irish book I am trying this month is In the Woods by Tana French.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tana French is one of my go to authors. If she comes out with a new book I will completely abandon anything I am reading to get Tan's latest. The Likeness is one of my favorites and it's one I would consider reading again. That doesn't happen too often!

    ReplyDelete